bulb - ark one

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Yea man! Sick! That Col Legno section took me to a real Sci-Fi/Fantasy moment that made me smile!

I think it's safe to officially call you a Master of sampled string Libraries. What's the blend on this one? Spitfire/VSL?

Now someone just needs a way to make sampled choirs sound realistic enough that in isolation you can't tell the difference!

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
Epic is really the only word to describe what I just listened to. This should be in a movie soundtrack or something.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Really dug this man.

I just started getting into this stuff a few months ago; Orchestral Tools does some really cool stuff.

I picked up Sonuscore's The Orchestra last night and I was blown away at what they've done as far as a sketching tool...this thing is so much faster as far as getting ideas down. Tempo match in your DAW, arps and envelopes are easy to manipulate, built in bonus choir, etc...

Really nice work here though.

EDIT: drop at the end was DOPE.

OT has a new one coming out called Inspire with a lot of the same ideas, I might grab that one too just to have some different stuff working in the same mode.

bulb

Reaction score
Thanks dudes

Yea man! Sick! That Col Legno section took me to a real Sci-Fi/Fantasy moment that made me smile!

I think it's safe to officially call you a Master of sampled string Libraries. What's the blend on this one? Spitfire/VSL?

Now someone just needs a way to make sampled choirs sound realistic enough that in isolation you can't tell the difference!
Haha I'm still a n00b and just learning all this stuff, but I just find it fun and satisfying.

This is actually all Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 1 (hence the name) except for the electronic drum section with is Stylus RMX.

bulb

Reaction score
Really dug this man.

I just started getting into this stuff a few months ago; Orchestral Tools does some really cool stuff.

I picked up Sonuscore's The Orchestra last night and I was blown away at what they've done as far as a sketching tool...this thing is so much faster as far as getting ideas down. Tempo match in your DAW, arps and envelopes are easy to manipulate, built in bonus choir, etc...

Really nice work here though.

EDIT: drop at the end was DOPE.

OT has a new one coming out called Inspire with a lot of the same ideas, I might grab that one too just to have some different stuff working in the same mode.
Yeah the OT stuff is sick, I just downloaded Inspire but haven't had much time to play with it. Seems to be in the same line as Masse and other sketching tools so far!

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Thanks dudes

Haha I'm still a n00b and just learning all this stuff, but I just find it fun and satisfying.

This is actually all Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 1 (hence the name) except for the electronic drum section with is Stylus RMX.

I'd say at least 1 level above n00b.

It's a sick sounding set of samples. I mean the Choirs leave something to be desired, but I haven't heard a library that hasn't yet. That price for the whole thing too is pretty neat. *adds to the list of things to try*

vertibration

Reaction score
Yeah the OT stuff is sick, I just downloaded Inspire but haven't had much time to play with it. Seems to be in the same line as Masse and other sketching tools so far!

Good stuff, I highly recommend watching some of this Noisia studio video. They explain some of their techniques. Those 3 dudes are hands down the nastiest with electronic production.

Watch their video for their song Exodus if you really wanna get blown away

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score

Nice...got confused about the dates. Didn't realize it was already out. Post up in here or shoot me a msg if you wouldn't mind when you get a chance to mess with it. I'm interested, and it's on sale as an intro until the 14th.

I'm a fan of the Spitfire stuff too, Masse is next. I've heard it meshes well with The Orchestra.

Should have known you'd be into this stuff given all the MIDI controllers in your studio...just never occurred to me.

Last edited:

isotropy

Reaction score
Been loving these uploads lately, bulb! cool visuals to go along with cool songs ;)

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Great work man. I want this library. The violin at the beginning sounds just like Marigold, I assume that's what you used for it? Really nice sound

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score

The issue with a lot of choirs seems to be that they only check tuning at scripting stages. Cantus blew my mind the first time I heard it. This first time I didn't hear a sampler as long as you were conservative with the legato and paid attention to the syllables. Eduardo Tarilonte did an outstanding job at the sampling setup, and the scripting is sublime. Hopefully the Eric Whitacre Spitfire choir is as well put together.

jbcrazy

Reaction score
Sounds movie trailer ready. Amazing. How does this compare to Albion/Symphobia?

And yes... noisia is amazing as well..

')