Bulb Covers Meshuggah's "Glints Collide" Whee!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
So yeah its a really really preliminary version and i still have to mix and edit and possibly record a lot of parts, but i just needed to do something OTHER than Final Fantasy 12 tonight so that if anything i at least will be able to have non ff12 related dreams haha.
Plus i have been wanting to try a lower tuned mix now that my 8 is gonna be ready hopefully within the next few weeks, so i tuned my carvin down to floppy ass F# (especially when you use a .059 haha) and went for it. I decided to mess around with a few parts and change em up slightly cuz why not and yeah ill redo the solo and all the lame parts and make it better when im less tired and when its a decent hour (5am and i work tomorrow, maybe thats why my body hates me...).
Without futher ado:
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/03/default.cfm?bandID=147108&content=song&songID=4652680

enjoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
awesome stuff man, i really love it when you post a clip up :yesway: do you use the standard patches on your Pod or did you download the metal patch?

Oguz286

Reaction score
Awesome Mischa! I like the 2.31 min part where it goes lowwww :metal:

But hey where's the resonating snare? ;)

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
I had the soundclick player running in the backround. I opened it up, and I shit you not, the song was at 3:33 :p

But enough of that. Excellent as always bulb :)

Martin_777

7 String Engineer
Reaction score
Awesome clip! Great work as usual!

awesome stuff man, i really love it when you post a clip up :yesway: do you use the standard patches on your Pod or did you download the metal patch?

I'm interested in your POD-patches too. Maybe you could post 'em up?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
His patches are in the patch library. ;)

This kicks ass as usual dude. :metal: I get some odd looks when people ask me who my favorite guitarist is and I say "Bulb". :D

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Wtf? You did that with a .059?

I wouldn't have guessed it.

Reaction score
Im always amazed at how HUGE your sound is.

Songs sound good cranked to 100 in my truck :nuts:

Ryan

Reaction score
Wtf? You did that with a .059?

I wouldn't have guessed it.

You'd be surpirsed how much you dont need bridge cables for strings. I have a 59 in F on my RG421XL and it sounds decent when recorded also. I think the 27" scale holds it in line a little better. If i was going to use that tuning more often id definitely step it up a notch. But yeah, Meshuggah actually uses the lowest guages possible whenever they can. Or at least i know Fred does. All of there Bb tuned stuff is 9-52's.

@ Bulb - Yah yeah, you own3d us like ususal, lol. Dont you have the M7 in the carvin?

bulb

Reaction score
aww chris thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said YAY!!
ryan, i definitely have the m7 which helps with clarity issues, but i think that even just having a 27 inch scale would have made a night and day difference with this gauge, there was a lot of tuning problems on the low string when i was recording. Im definitely a fan of the smaller gauges cuz they give you more djent and are generally brighter and livelier than bigger gauges though so hopefully i will be able to get away with using like a 60-70 gauge with my 30 inch 8?

Ryan

Reaction score
yeah that sounds like it would make sense. i think that was one of the reasons why meshuggah wanted the 30" instead of some 27" or 28.5, so they could get away with using smaller gauges with the tension somewhat normal. How much longer on your 8 do you think? That thing is bitchin.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
30" should be more than enough for .60 - .70. Hell, a .70 on a 27" is perfectly reasonable, so you should have no problems.

Oh, and excellent job, as usual :hbang:

bulb

Reaction score
regarding the 30 inch scale at first i was kind of against it but jesse did a lot of research and talked to several luthiers and came to the conclusion that for the best sound 30 was really the bare minimum. Should only be a few more weeks before i can tell you myself!

')