Bulb - New pretty and clean song, probably for OMNOM (Axefx cleans!)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
tell Elliot to drop everything and do vocals for this one right now! haha...i really enjoyed this one...especially the first part!

Sorry to hear about the HD crash...that suck balls!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Purist

Contributor
Reaction score
sounds amazing! do you mind if i ask you what model and cab you are using on the axefx? I'm a axefx noob and I'm kinda having trouble getting stellar cleans.

bulb

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys!!
Btw you wont believe it, but after knocking it, freezing it, tapping it, yelling at it and then finally leaving it alone on my desk for 2 weeks i was able to get it to work this morning when i tried it on a whim and i got all my important data back!!
YESSSSS!!! SO GLORIOUS!!

as far as the tuning goes, im not really sure, nolly could tell you better than i could because im kinda stupid with note names and all that, but basically im strumming an open chord at the end of the song, so maybe that helps?

purist: im using the jcm800 amp, i forget which cab i used to be quite honest, sorry!!

MF: i actually used my 7620 i have in mauritius for this song (didnt use the 7th string obviously), solely because i love the way it sounds in the 4th position on the pickup selector, and it has a blaze custom in the bridge and an air norton in the neck.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
cool!

awesome about the HD starting to work again too, now just back that shit up so we can hear it some day! :p

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
1. this song sounds beautiful :D

2. congrats on the HD working again!

:wub:

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
Can`t . . . . . . . . . . stop . . . . . listening . . . . to . . . . this . . . . song!
This is such a great piece of work Misha! It just totally grows on me!
Beautiful is what it is!

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
I decided to try and figure out the tuning myself...

F#-A-D-F#-A-e

Open Dadd9 tuning?

Low note could be a D, too. Nice tuning.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Nolly, care to share the tuning?

i´d love to see what the basic idea of this tuning is too. though i never liked trying any of the strange tunings misha ever used, he always manages to go amazing places with it (like the drop D then low B thing on Racecar) :)

edit: i see we almost have it :p

it´s some sort of open D something something then. cool!

when (read: if) i get a sustainer and a ceramic warpig for my baritone, i´m tuning it to AEAEAE. either that, or the same tuning but lower. maybe i´ll decide i´d rather want to go major instead of just open like that, we´ll see

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
it´s just the clean tone having some slight dirt to it, and not being totally clean. i really like it, sounds incredible for the full chords and stuff, i never really thought of using a slightly overdriven tone before myself :p

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Haven't heard you do something that clean since ''Even'', Amazing!! keep it up!

By the way, is that F# an octave bellow or one step above E?

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Love the chords and progression. Sounds like a cinematic soundscape and some post rock stuff.

Kinda like the music you'd hear when the sun comes up after the apocalypse in a movie and the hero is standing holding a half burnt teddy bear waiting for his daughter and the credits start to roll ....

loved it ....

Latest posts

')