Bulb - New quick rough song idea, and working on a brand new Metal Foundry mix!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have been a bit busy so i havent had much time to record much new stuff for myself.

I did start this idea with the plan of fleshing it out a bit more (you can hear how at the end it kinda just...stops haha) but i just wont have any time in the next few weeks to work on it so i figured i would post it up now.

I have all this awesome toontrack software that they sent me and i havent had time to mess with any of it. This was my attempt to get my metal foundry mix going, it obviously needs a lot of TLC, but i see so much potential with these samples, i think when i have time to really sit down with it ill be able to get a nice balanced mix from this that sounds very different from my current Periphery one which will be very refreshing to say the least!

Anyways enough talking, the song is called "Have a blast" and you can hear it here:
Bulb - New Song: Mr. Person!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
SoundClick artist: Bulb - Hello! I am Bulb! Enjoy the tunes!

Enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
This is awesome man, there's that one little bit in the middle of the main riff that is awesome, where it jumps up in twos if you know where I mean? That's just numberwang!

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
I feel like the snare could be flattened out just a little, misha, it feels a little sharp in contrast with the rest of the mix, but the crack on it is fucking STELLAR. I'm REALLY feeling the riffing ideas. it sounds like a lot of stuff carthage is writing ( but hasn't released yet).

and I think the cymbals/overhead might have a little too much high end maybe?

wait, I'm gonna check it on soundclick.

yeah, the cymbals just feel the slightest bit sharp to me.

everything else is great though.

zephyrkillz

Reaction score
Very tight and different sound Misha! Have you had a chance to mess with toontracks ez mix?

bulb

Reaction score
thanks guys
not sure what ez mix is? what does it do?

haha yesss pete, totally forgot about how shinty numberwang is!

zephyrkillz

Reaction score
thanks guys
not sure what ez mix is? what does it do?

haha yesss pete, totally forgot about how shinty numberwang is!

Its a new toontrack vst with different presets/processing for different instruments and its cheap, so it might be a cool test drive. :yesway:

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Snare is funny compared to the rest of the mix.

bulb

Reaction score
Its a new toontrack vst with different presets/processing for different instruments and its cheap, so it might be a cool test drive. :yesway:

very cool! ill ask them to send it my way when i have some time to mess around with it!!

Universe74

Reaction score
Snare sticks out, but its totally wicked sounding.

What do I know, don't even one song finished yet. Damn kids!

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Agreed with the other guys on the snare, a bit much methinks.

But otherwise it sounds really good Misha!
I really want to get Metal Foundry.

Vaughanabe13

Reaction score
EZ Mix is one of those programs you don't need if you already have a good understanding of mixing/blending instruments. But you can get some halfway decent results using it and nothing else. Not bad for the price.

manana

Reaction score
misha,you are amazing. i am not even 1% good as good as you so i cant even critique you. Loved the album by the way, i have been listening to it literally every day in my car. Everyone, go buy the album right now, you wont regret it one bit.

')