Bulb/periphery tabs?

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Good tab man :)

I learned Have a Blast!, Ji and Scarlet (I'll put links below), but here's the thing, like I tell everyone, I've must of done a total of 3 ish tabs in my life (not to mention I did them for simple songs when I didn't play guitar for too long...), I just can't have the patience to do them. But if anything, what I could do is make a video where I play the parts of Have a Blast! slowly, would that be good?
Anyway here you go!

How are these covers if your just pantomiming all the parts with no cord, amp, or a recording of yourself over the original track?

If you are playing the correct parts, Good job man. It LOOKS good!! Although none of us can really comment on your technique, tone, or articulation regarding these tunes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
How are these covers if your just pantomiming all the parts with no cord, amp, or a recording of yourself over the original track?

If you are playing the correct parts, Good job man. It LOOKS good!! Although none of us can really comment on your technique, tone, or articulation regarding these tunes.

Ji is recorded, you can hear a few screw ups, but he does say for Have a Blast that he had no cord I didn't listen to scarlet though.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Drop C (6 String) - Insomnia, Jetpacks, All New Materials, Buttersnips, Passenger, Have A Blast, Luck As A Constant, The Gods Must Be Crazy!, Erised, Epoch, Froggin Bullfish, Mile Zero

Drop C Variants (6 String)
CGCEGD - Scarlet
A#GCFAD - Totla Mad, Frak the Gods
AGCFAD - Zyglrox

Drop Ab (7 String) - The Walk, Letter Experiment, Light, Icarus Lives, Ow My Feelings, New Groove, Eureka, New Snu (Live Intro), Muramasa, Facepalm Mute, Make Total Destroy

Drop Ab Variants (7 String)
Bb, Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb - Racecar
F#, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb - Captain On, Ragnarok, Masamune

F# Standard (8 String) - Ji

Thanks dude!

Drummerrrrr

Reaction score

I can definitely hear recordings over all of these!

squibble94

Reaction score
Working on Luck as a Constant tab. I'm only doing guitar 1 for now, but I'll try picking out guitar 2 soon. Stay tuned. :D

Ploatic

Reaction score
Lmao thanks for clearing that up, I just didn't have a cable for the have a blast! video but recorded the parts previously.
I might do another cover, then I'll probably post a video on how to play have a blast! slowly.

squibble94

Reaction score
Alright guys, here's my Luck as a Constant tab so far. It's not done, but I figured I would give you something to start with. I'll update it when it's completed.

Attachments

• Squibble94 - Luck as a Constant.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 313

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
Off topic completely regarding tablature, but my download of P: II from iTunes worked out so that Luck as a Constant was overwritten by Ragnarok. So I actually have two Ragnaroks and no Luck as a Constant. Has anyone else had a similar issue and, if so, is there a way I can be refunded Luck as a Constant?

ReneMoe

Reaction score
Hey Peripherals ;)

Here is my attempt of creating a Have a Blast tab, including the three guitars, Bass and Mishas solo. There is just the Guthrie solo left but I will try to tab it within the next days. (Busy n stuff)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyx5l1txcl8dqh2/periphery_have_a_blast.gp5

I'm pretty sure I got some parts wrong concerning which member plays which part, but I think it works out.
The tab is currently being queued in UG, so it'll be out there soon too
Have fun! (and a Blast :hbang: )

ReneMoe

Reaction score
Lmao thanks for clearing that up, I just didn't have a cable for the have a blast! video but recorded the parts previously.
I might do another cover, then I'll probably post a video on how to play have a blast! slowly.

A slower version of the Guthrie Solo would be awesome! I'ts the only thing missing in my tab.

By the way, awesome playing in the three covers!

kentays

Recorder Aficionado
Reaction score
I started transcribing the Guthrie solo from Have a Blast a few days ago and got about 3/4th's of it done. I've just been really lazy about finishing it...some of the fast runs take forever to transcribe :scream: I'll try to finish up and up it if someone hasn't already by then.

Enselmis

Reaction score
Dudes! If you're gonna take a stab at The Gods Must Be Crazy, make sure you take into account that it should be notated in 12/8. It's in 4/4 with a triplet feel for the most part but the problem with that is it changes to straight four for a few bars at certain parts. That makes it really difficult to notate unless you go at it in 12/8.

Ploatic

Reaction score
A slower version of the Guthrie Solo would be awesome! I'ts the only thing missing in my tab.

By the way, awesome playing in the three covers!

Thanks :] I'll take a look at the tab you put up its peaking my attention :)
And sure thing! I already started another cover, then right after I'll put up the video of me playing the parts slowly!

Oh and I'll also be curious to see what you put up kentays!

Giakkkk

Reaction score
Hey Peripherals ;)

Here is my attempt of creating a Have a Blast tab, including the three guitars, Bass and Mishas solo. There is just the Guthrie solo left but I will try to tab it within the next days. (Busy n stuff)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyx5l1txcl8dqh2/periphery_have_a_blast.gp5

I'm pretty sure I got some parts wrong concerning which member plays which part, but I think it works out.
The tab is currently being queued in UG, so it'll be out there soon too
Have fun! (and a Blast :hbang: )

I love you :hbang:

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheepy91

Drop Ab Variants (7 String)
Bb, Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb - Racecar
F#, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb - Captain On, Ragnarok, Masamune

F# Standard (8 String) - Ji

Wait Captain on is Drop F#??? I didn't know that

Can't wait for a Ji and Ragnarok tab, I'll put my 8 string to good use :)

Matt_D_

Reaction score
Hey Peripherals ;)

:O kickass, thankyou man! :D

squibble94

Reaction score
You are my hero right now. I will be covering this soon.

No problem. I just realized a mistake though. In the part that's labeled "Chorus?" change the 0-9-10 on the G to 0-4-5 on the C. I was listening to it as background music while cleaning my house and I heard the open was higher. Let me know when it's covered! I'd love to see it.

Latest posts

')