Bulb/periphery tabs?

jbrin0tk

Reaction score
Hey all, I was bored last night so I decided to transcribe the Wes Hauch guest solo from Mile Zero... without a guitar :scratch:
So the fingerings might be a little iffy on some parts. I was hoping you guys could fix those. I'm pretty confident in the rhythm and the notes though.
Now someone shred the solo and upload it I wanna see it in action :hbang:

Mile Zero - Wes Hauch Solo.gp5

Hey, really nice work! The only thing I noticed that was really awkward to play was the part just before the bending. I found it much easier to play that part by doing a string skipping, tapping sequence that uses those same notes. I know that's kind of vague and I don't know how to use the text tab that
I sometimes see here, but I could send it back to you with my changes and you could see what you think if you want. They are the exact same notes that you used, just played differently. PM me if interested and thanks for the great work!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score

bigswifty

Reaction score

zhangshred

Reaction score
So I know that most of the buzz here is surrounding Periphery II (deservedly), but listening to some of the solos on the new record really got me back into Breeze for some reason, and there never was a good tab for the solo. I managed to slow the song down and try my best to figure it out note for note, and here it is! I recorded it quickly with my crappy flipcam and I'm playing it in standard :hbang:

and here's the gp5, with the solo tabbed out both in standard and drop C

Bulb - Breeze.gp5

ReneMoe

Reaction score

ReneMoe

Reaction score
If someone posts a tab for Erised, I will love you forever. :bowdown:
Maybe I will have some time soon to transcribe that awesome song. But I guess it won't be long until it pops up somewhere because it's not really their most technical song, except the solo of course

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Drop C (6 String) - Insomnia, Jetpacks, All New Materials, Buttersnips, Passenger, Have A Blast, Luck As A Constant, The Gods Must Be Crazy!, Erised, Epoch, Froggin Bullfish, Mile Zero

Drop C Variants (6 String)
CGCEGD - Scarlet
A#GCFAD - Totla Mad, Frak the Gods
AGCFAD - Zyglrox

Drop Ab (7 String) - The Walk, Letter Experiment, Light, Icarus Lives, Ow My Feelings, New Groove, Eureka, New Snu (Live Intro), Muramasa, Facepalm Mute, Make Total Destroy

Drop Ab Variants (7 String)
Bb, Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb - Racecar
F#, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb - Captain On, Ragnarok, Masamune

F# Standard (8 String) - Ji

I made a mistake when I made this list, Muramasa isn't in Drop Ab. Seems like you didn't pick up on that but here's the correct list that I finished up.

Drop C (6 String) - Insomnia, Jetpacks, All New Materials, Buttersnips, Passenger, Have A Blast, Luck As A Constant, The Gods Must Be Crazy!, Erised, Epoch, Froggin Bullfish, Mile Zero

CGCEGD - Scarlet
AGCFAD - Zyglrox, Muramasa

Drop Ab (7 String) - The Walk, Letter Experiment, Light, Icarus Lives, Ow My Feelings, New Groove, Eureka, New Snu (Live Intro), Facepalm Mute, Make Total Destroy

Wait Captain on is Drop F#??? I didn't know that

Can't wait for a Ji and Ragnarok tab, I'll put my 8 string to good use

Well, Drop Ab but you tune the Ab to F#. That's what I gathered from all the information and my ear at least.

Reaction score
hs8jfb.png

Luck as a Constant intro riffs

Not sure if it's completely right but it's close I think b/c I just watched Misha play it in "Mark's Confession" video.

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I made a mistake when I made this list, Muramasa isn't in Drop Ab. Seems like you didn't pick up on that but here's the correct list that I finished up.

CGCEGD - Scarlet
AGCFAD - Zyglrox, Muramasa

Drop Ab (7 String) - The Walk, Letter Experiment, Light, Icarus Lives, Ow My Feelings, New Groove, Eureka, New Snu (Live Intro), Facepalm Mute, Make Total Destroy

Well, Drop Ab but you tune the Ab to F#. That's what I gathered from all the information and my ear at least.

I have a feeling the ending of Masamune is possibly in that tuning, but the rest of the song is definitely in drop Ab. Hell, the ending is lower than F#.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I have a feeling the ending of Masamune is possibly in that tuning, but the rest of the song is definitely in drop Ab. Hell, the ending is lower than F#.

I'm like 90% sure the trilogy is all in the same tuning. For the reason of uniformity.

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I'm like 90% sure the trilogy is all in the same tuning. For the reason of uniformity.

Misha confirmed Muramasa was in AGCFAD, and we all know Ragnarok is in F#. Listen to Masamune closely. I worked basically all of it out in one listen, it's in Ab. There's a big chug section, and no actual notes go below Ab, except in the outro.

Latest posts

')