Bulb's really short heavy mixtest! Be bulbs ears plz!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
To me the clip was heavy on treble and heavy on bass and had no mids. It was really thin and hollow sounding like the new Divine Heresy album is... not my preferred sound. Your old mixes like The Focus Hour are perfect though.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I am also going to chime in on the mids. While the sound scape is PHAT, it's actually starting to sound a little too compressed. A little more mid and a slightly less brickwall compression, lets the dynamics come through a bit more :)

bulb

Reaction score
ok cool so a consitant theme seems to be to try a little more mids, maybe low mids on the guitars, i will see what i can do there!

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
ok cool so a consitant theme seems to be to try a little more mids, maybe low mids on the guitars, i will see what i can do there!

I haven't given it a proper listen through anything other than my laptop speakers, but based on everyones comments, it sounds like you need:

-little less compression
-little boost in the 800hz region (brings out the mids/power of the guitars/bass).

bulb

Reaction score
Hottest grandma I've ever seen! :D Abenobashi is one of my favorites.
without a doubt, she is mah g-milf yo, totally OT but fully awesome question: you watched death note or ergo proxy or last exile, or excel saga, or gantz, or fullmetal alchemist?

CGord

Reaction score
without a doubt, she is mah g-milf yo, totally OT but fully awesome question: you watched death note or ergo proxy or last exile, or excel saga, or gantz, or fullmetal alchemist?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, & yes. :D I'm an anime junkie.

How 'bout: Legend of Black Heaven, BECK, Azumanga Daioh, FMP? Fumoffu, Lucky Star, R.O.D., & Texhnolyze?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
it does lack mids, and it has alooot of boomy low-mids and lows... scoop the low-mids, and move the lows a little deeper, is what i say... and add back all the mids ;)

8string

Grande puta de gear!
Contributor
Reaction score
Mix is quite good, a bit to bright for my taste. bass sounds weird though, I think it sounds like old strings somehow. not defined if you know what i mean. maybe you compressed it too much??
Get yourself an Avalon pre and record through that.

bulb

Reaction score
yeah the bass strings are as old as the bass haha, which dates them to almost 2 years now yay!
and sure i would love an avalon pre, donations plz?

8string

Grande puta de gear!
Contributor
Reaction score
Donation? here's :2c:
Ask Acle if you can borrow his....

All hail 8string :minions:

Deschain

Reaction score
...wow.

that was some amazing 8 string..... wow. fertilise my eggs....and sort out that bass.....

i do love 8 string.

')