Bungie splits with Activision, acquires rights to Destiny

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
tenor.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Is that really any worse than the plots to Halo games?

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I was reading about this at lunch the other day, this is pretty exciting news. Anything that strikes a blow against EA and Activision is great in my book, and considering Bungie was one of my favorite studios before that era, this is promising.

Seems like something of a power play. Didn't they sign a deal for 10 years in 2010? Seems unconventional for them to be able to split in early 2019.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Now fans will get to see that Destiny is lacking content and plot/story due to bungies poor management and was just relying on activision happily playing along as the scapegoat for any unpopular monetization decisions.

This is like the people that think “blizzard” is still a self contained developer whose creativity is stifled by activision. It’s just activision now. Management has been leaving for over a decade.

Hopefully Bungie pulls out all the stops for D2. But honestly I’m expecting D3 in a few years to just be more of the same.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Now fans will get to see that Destiny is lacking content and plot/story due to bungies poor management and was just relying on activision happily playing along as the scapegoat for any unpopular monetization decisions.

This is like the people that think “blizzard” is still a self contained developer whose creativity is stifled by activision. It’s just activision now. Management has been leaving for over a decade.

Hopefully Bungie pulls out all the stops for D2. But honestly I’m expecting D3 in a few years to just be more of the same.

Low-key I do too, but I want to believe. I really, really want to believe.

ThtOthrPrsn

Unconventional
Reaction score
But honestly I’m expecting D3 in a few years to just be more of the same.

Sadly, I'm expecting the same. Plus, they took a big step back in terms of armor design compared to D1, in my opinion. I expect Anthem will take a large amount of the remaining player base here soon.
But it'll be interesting to see where Bungie goes from here with the game(s).