Burning Hot Metal Takes

• Thread starter TheBolivianSniper
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
His live version of Hot For Teacher is great, shame the crowd couldn't have cared less but I can't blame them for having no idea what's happening lol.
His pedal was pretty cool. I kind of want to get it again and see how it'd sound into my Two Notes CAB M+.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I worked a Scale the Summit show maybe 6 years ago and it was one of the worst live experiences I've ever seen. They just all faced the drummer and ignored the crowd and just kind of milled about between songs. No energy. Battlecross was added to the bill last second after Trivium dropped and they were a blast live. Pretty standard stuff but they really surprised everyone because they were/are nobodies.
I saw STS a few times back when Travis (from Entheos) was still in. They had awful stage presence when opening for Dream Theater, but the second time I saw them they were a lot better in terms of stage presence. They're definitely not my cup of tea anymore, especially with the newer stylistic shift.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I worked a Scale the Summit show maybe 6 years ago and it was one of the worst live experiences I've ever seen. They just all faced the drummer and ignored the crowd and just kind of milled about between songs. No energy. Battlecross was added to the bill last second after Trivium dropped and they were a blast live. Pretty standard stuff but they really surprised everyone because they were/are nobodies.

Same experience when I saw them some 8 to 10 years ago. No movement, hype or presence, though they did at least face the crowd.

I think, the most damning part was the way that they sold more STS Tab books than they did shirts, CDs or stickers. That doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture of your music.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I will never fault any musician anywhere for taking the money. Cut your hair and sell out? Fuck yeah man get paid. Ditch the brutal vocals and switch to cleans? Get that bag! Start playing heavy rockabilly? Hell yeah it gets the kids pumped. Put on a pope mask and write dark pop rock? Cash the checks.

I will however get real mad at guys for keeping the same band name and actively retreating from money by turning into a really, really shitty and unoriginal re-run of Camel or Goblin or some other terrible never-made-it 1970s prog rock band

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I will never fault any musician anywhere for taking the money. Cut your hair and sell out? Fuck yeah man get paid. Ditch the brutal vocals and switch to cleans? Get that bag! Start playing heavy rockabilly? Hell yeah it gets the kids pumped. Put on a pope mask and write dark pop rock? Cash the checks.

I will however get real mad at guys for keeping the same band name and actively retreating from money by turning into a really, really shitty and unoriginal re-run of Camel or Goblin or some other terrible never-made-it 1970s prog rock band
Is Camel that band with Carmine Appice?

Also, I'd said Goblin made it.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
After the Burial should have called it quits after Justin died. They haven't made anything good in ages.

Propagandhi and Billy Talent go harder than most metal bands.

Brad Paisley is a better shredder than 95% of metal shredders.

Scale the Summit is shitty post rock for dream theater nerds.

The worst part about Coheed and Cambria is Claudio's vocals.

Amon Amarth hasn't been good for 15 years at least.

St. Vincent, Sum 41 and Nickelback all have better metal pedigrees than Ghost.

Disagreed with ATB I didn't think I would like Dig Deep and Evergreen as much as I did. Exit Exist has an awesome heroic energy like Carved From Stone by Fallujah

Agreed with Billy Talent

Agreed

Monument fucking rips, disagreed

Hard disagree

No preference

Agreed

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
American Football
Don Caballero
Invalids (more math rock/Midwest)
Algernon Cadwallader (amazing)
Tiny Moving Parts (Dylan was featured in a fender ad pretty recently, amazing player)
Dads
Microwave
Tigers Jaw
Citizen (from my town, pretty decent)
Here's my own hot Midwest Emo take: Never cared much for Algernon Cadwallader
You also forgot Empire Empire and This Town Needs Guns

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Here's my own hot Midwest Emo take: Never cared much for Algernon Cadwallader
You also forgot Empire Empire and This Town Needs Guns
I absolutely adore AC lol I can understand how people would find his voice annoying.

TTNG is amazing too, haven't given Empire Empire much of a chance yet, though. Foxing, Sorority Noise, Into It. over it, they're/their/ there?

Jahnboy9000

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This thread introduced me to Archspire and they're just 2020s Born of Osiris. Can't do it.

')