Buying a 9-string Agile Interceptor Pro 930

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Definitely go for it, you save the import/shipping costs wjich would come with a Rondo purchase. Regarding the e string being hard to bend on a 30 scale guitar, I need to ask, who buys a guitar with such a scale and tunes to E? Are there any bands that do these or individual musicians?
Standard tuning for a 9-string would be C#-F#-B-E-A-D-G-B-E.
I prefer A-E-A-E-A-D-G-B-E because I like my guitar to sound like distorted diarrhea.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Yeah high E on a 30" 9 is quite normal, standard, drop B etc. The 30" scale is pretty necessary for the low C# though. This is why many say 8+ strings should always be fanned. It's still functional straight though.

Redz99

Reaction score
Ok guys, now I'm quite sure to buy the guitar, but meanwhile I had posted another question:

Unfortunately I cannot personally verify the quality of the guitar, because he lives about 3 hours far from me. Reaching him is feasible cost wise - by train I'd spend about as much as shipping it - but I'm not sure I'm willing to travel that much. Especially alone. What do you guys suggest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Ok guys, now I'm quite sure to buy the guitar, but meanwhile I had posted another question:
I'd take the trip, given the ability to try the guitar before I buy it is always better. That being said, I ordered both of mine straight from Rondo with no issues to note.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score

Testing the guitar will go a long way of sealing the deal or not. As we said, the scale is quite big and maybe you will feel uncomfortable with it (or you will love it, who knows). Perhaps, you can agree to meet the seller half-way though to a common point and you can both travel? This is a practise I suggest when I go to buy something used, sometimes they agree, others time not.

Redz99

Reaction score
Uhm.. in the end I took the risk and got it shipped :nuts: I'm quite optimistic about it, I don't know.
Worst case scenario I'll sell it back to someone else, but first I'll try and learn to play it as hard as I can :D

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Good grief... I’ve only had an 8 for a few days, and now a 9 sounds enticing... where does it end?

:)

Redz99

Reaction score
Good grief... I’ve only had an 8 for a few days, and now a 9 sounds enticing... where does it end?

:)
Agile crafts 10 string guitars too, but I don't like them at all. The brand quality is still unquestionable, but to me the 10th string just sounds like a plain fart. I mean, the first time I listened to one I could almost smell it ffs.
In my opinion, 9 strings are the fine line between a reasonable low-tone instrument and mere dj00nt addicts stuff. Which I am of course, but I like it especially when paired up with some ethereal/progressive lead :)

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Agile crafts 10 string guitars too, but I don't like them at all. The brand quality is still unquestionable, but to me the 10th string just sounds like a plain fart. I mean, the first time I listened to one I could almost smell it ffs.
In my opinion, 9 strings are the fine line between a reasonable low-tone instrument and mere dj00nt addicts stuff. Which I am of course, but I like it especially when paired up with some ethereal/progressive lead :)
I wanna get a 10-string specifically for fart noises, but it's gonna have to be headless with at least a 31" scale on the bottom end. Thinking maybe a 28.5-31" fan a la SkerveTEN models. I can't image any world where a 10-string with a full headstock and a long scale would not have insane neck-dive.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I can't image any world where a 10-string with a full headstock and a long scale would not have insane neck-dive.

About the same size as a 7 string bass or so. I've had basses 34" 7 and 37" 8 that didn't dive. Honestly it's easily doable with the right pin placement and body design with a long horn, though many brands would just slap a neck on whatever body for sure haha

Redz99

Reaction score
Hey guys! Here I am after a couple weeks trying the new 9-string :cool: I'd like to leave my impression in case someone wants to get well informed on the net before buying one.

Prefacing that I'm quite a beginner-intermediate and I've got awfully short fingers - my span is about 8" / 20cm long -, here's my two cents:

- A 9-string guitar for people with little hands IS PLAYABLE. Not as easily as someone with average-sized ones, but the more you practice the more you'll break this barrier.

- Look for a well-padded belt - after some minutes your shoulder's gonna hurt. These assholes are quite heavy if you come from a Strat.

- At first your hands will hurt too if you strain them by doing chords on the first frets. Mine do actually. But as you play over time your tendons will loosen more and more, and eventually you might feel little to no pain.

- Remember that a 9 string is a 6 string axe with 3 more strings on it, so basically you can play whatever you want on it. Of course it's not gonna have the same fluidity of playing as a standard guitar for obvious reasons. But there are artists who mastered the 9 strings without chugging only the last 3 ones. Just have a look on YouTube, you'll find some material about it.

Thanks to everyone who answered this thread, you helped me a lot in choosing my new guitar! :D:D