Buying a Shecter C7 Hellraiser as my first seven string? Not sure about price

• Thread starter ty469725
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ty469725

Reaction score
Hey, so I've been thinking about buying a seven string for awhile now, and I might be looking at getting one soon. I've scoped out a Shecter C7 Hellraiser as the guitar that seems to be the best fit for me, however I'd still be open to other guitars (I'll explain what I'd be looking for below)

The guitar in particular is on sale in a city about two hours away from where I live. They are having a tax-free sale until Christmas on their Shecter guitars, and they are also the only store in my province that sells them, so if I didn't pick one up from them, I'd most likely have to purchase a guitar by shipping it out. Anyway, their price is $1109.

I'm a fan of djent and hardcore influenced bands. Some of the seven string bands I listen to are Periphery, After The Burial, Born of Osiris, Deftones, Structures, Volumes, Threat Signal, and Unearth, and I'd be using my seven string to play music similar to these bands. I'd also be using it for recording, but I'm sure it's great for that.

Anyway, if this isn't a great deal for what I'm looking for, please recommend me some other guitars. I wouldn't want to pay anything more then $1200 for my first seven string (I was honestly hoping to keep it under $1000...), and I'm not very familiar with other seven string guitars, so I'd be open to suggestions on what to do. I'd be looking for EMG's, no floyd rose, and..that's really about it for limitations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it the Floyd model, or hardtail? Does it come with a case?

If it's the hardtail and no case, I'd say the price seems a bit high. If it's got a Floyd and/or comes with a case, that's not so bad. Not amazing, but shipping to NS is probably a bitch, so I have no idea what costs would be to snag a new one off eBay and ship it out.

See if your shop can get the Damien Elite 7 in, if they don't already. I owned the 8 string, and for the price, I'd take a Damien Elite over a Hellraiser most days. It's got Grovers instead of locking tuners, and a bolt-on neck, but I thought the feel of them over all was pretty much on par with the Hellraisers.

metalheadblues

Reaction score
Schecter Hellraiser Special C7 Electric Guitar, 7-String
Schecter Hellraiser Special 7
I bought one earlier this year and it is amazing..check it out if you can its about $200 cheaper than the regular hellraiser and its perfect for what it is

• Construction: Set Neck with Ultra Access
  • Body: Mahogany with Quilted Mapletop
  • Neck: Maple
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
  • Frets: 24X Jumbo
  • Inlay: Pearloid Dagger
  • Bindings: Multi-Ply Creme
  • Tuners: Schecter
  • Pickups: EMG Active 81-7/85-7
  • Electronics:
    • Volume x 2
    • Tone
    • 3-way switch
  • Bridge: TOM with Thru-Body
  • Scale: 26.5 in.
  • Hardware: Black Chrome

ty469725

Reaction score
Is it the Floyd model, or hardtail? Does it come with a case?

If it's the hardtail and no case, I'd say the price seems a bit high. If it's got a Floyd and/or comes with a case, that's not so bad. Not amazing, but shipping to NS is probably a bitch, so I have no idea what costs would be to snag a new one off eBay and ship it out.

See if your shop can get the Damien Elite 7 in, if they don't already. I owned the 8 string, and for the price, I'd take a Damien Elite over a Hellraiser most days. It's got Grovers instead of locking tuners, and a bolt-on neck, but I thought the feel of them over all was pretty much on par with the Hellraisers.

It is not the Floyd Rose model, although I never thought to ask about it coming with a case. How much would the case add in terms of value? I'm just going to assume it doesn't come with a case until I can confirm it. The store employee I talked never mentioned it when we were discussing the guitar. Shipping to NS would most likely add a solid $100+ to whatever price I'd pay online, I honestly have no experience with shipping guitars though.

Interesting about the Damien Elite 7, I'll check it out.

Schecter Hellraiser Special C7 Electric Guitar, 7-String
Schecter Hellraiser Special 7
I bought one earlier this year and it is amazing..check it out if you can its about $200 cheaper than the regular hellraiser and its perfect for what it is

• Construction: Set Neck with Ultra Access
  • Body: Mahogany with Quilted Mapletop
  • Neck: Maple
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
  • Frets: 24X Jumbo
  • Inlay: Pearloid Dagger
  • Bindings: Multi-Ply Creme
  • Tuners: Schecter
  • Pickups: EMG Active 81-7/85-7
  • Electronics:
    • Volume x 2
    • Tone
    • 3-way switch
  • Bridge: TOM with Thru-Body
  • Scale: 26.5 in.
  • Hardware: Black Chrome

How much was the guitar you purchased, if you don't mind me asking? You said $200 off a normal Hellraiser, so could I assume I'd pay around $900?

Since I'm posting..anyone heard much about the LTD H1007? I scoped it out on the ESP website and it seems pretty awesome. I couldn't find any prices on it though. I also came across the ESP Horizon NT7 ,which looks amazing, although from what I can tell it was very expensive (again, no prices, just heard it really was a top of the line seven string)

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
this may help to contact, Schecter just posted this.

"*******OUR WAREHOUSE SALE IS TODAY *******
PROTOTYPES , FACTORY 2nds ... AND ???

10:00am -3:00pm
1840 VALPREDA
BURBANK, CA

jdecaire

Reaction score
I would definitely consider the Jeff Loomis NT, I bought the Jeff Loomis FR and the thing looks, plays and sounds amazing. I think the ash body and maple neck are a great combo, some people think it is too bright with the EMG's, but I think it sounds amazing.

You can get an LTD H-1007 for about $750-800 and the ESP Horizon I think goes for about 1700.

')