Buying B Stock

• Thread starter Seb88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seb88

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been planning on picking up a 5153 for a while now and have managed to find a bstock head for £699 (new £919). I've spoken to the store and they've advised that it was returned to them for faulty tubes but this has now been rectified but of course can't be sold as new. Has anyone ever bought bstock amps before and what are your thoughts? Am I taking a risk or should I just pay the extra and get a new one? Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Descent

Reaction score
It depends on the store reputation. I've bought some B stock before and there hasn't been an issue on most of the things. Go play the amp and see for yourself and make sure there's a return warranty, say 30 or even 15 days should suffice. Then run the amp through a full set, say 1:30 at full power if you can and if it is still up then you should be fine.

Upgrayedd

Reaction score
Last month I bought a "demo" Roland Blues Cube from Sweetwater in the US. They noted that it had a scratch on the side and took $200 off. When I received the amp it was mint, I couldn't find a single blemish so I was happy. I also bought a "scratch and dent" Schechter 8 string from AMS years ago and it was practically new, I think somebody tried it and returned it. I've been lucky so far, but of course YMMV. If your able to try it first even better and check their return policy, good luck!

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
Typically b stocks are either customer returns or refurbs in your case. Generally, you are safe buying these items from a reputable store since they should carry some sort of warranty or return policy.
At least you know what the issue with the product is beforehand whereas it can be a gamble when buying from someone off the street.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
My roommate bought a returned "blemished" blackstar ht-20 head for half price. Not only does it work perfectly, we could never find the blemish. I've bought bstock guitars many times as well. Its a great way to get something for a great price, particularly if there's a good return policy in place. You might not be able to return it for blemish reasons, but if it doesn't function, usually you'll be taken care of.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
I would do it except I just usually wait and get a better deal on an actual new piece when a sale happens...Memorial Day is coming up people! After that it is the usual Father's Day Gift Certificate discount code which, if you can be patient, can be held over into Labor Day or Black Friday for sick discountage.

I take that MFriend coupon code and get a price match plus on line (at zzounds but most places do this)....+no taxes

Latest posts

')