Buying online..(slightly off topic but still gear related)

• Thread starter Spinedriver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I've made many purchases online and until now haven't had a single problem, so I was just looking for some advice if this has happened to any of you here..

On the 9th of July, I placed an order to one of the more popular (but smaller) online stores for a Dimarzio X2N pickup. I figured that since they are an ACTUAL store it'd be a bit safer than an anonymous seller on e-bay. They had them in stock (their site said they did anyway) and I paid by Paypal. The money cam out of my account right away and I received a confirmation letter and receipt right away. Almost 2 weeks later I still never got the UPS tracking number so I called up and was told they were 'trying' to reach me by e-mail to ask if I wanted an F-Spaced or not and was told it would be shipped right away. So, I waited 4 days and still no UPS number so I called & said that if they hadn't sent it yet, to just cancel the order & give me a refund. They said no problem. 2 days later, no refund so I call again & was told they'd fix it right away. That was yesterday... as of today STILL no credit in the Paypal account ... :mad:

Any suggestions on what to do ? It seems that every time I call I get the same person so I don't think it's a matter of asking for a 'supervisor' and I'm kinda disappointed because I've bought from them in the past and there wasn't a single issue. This time however, it looks like I'm gonna lose my $80 because every time I call it feels like I'm just getting 'lip service' and every time I've sent an e-mail, all I get is the 'automated response' telling me that they'll get back to me within 1 business day. I can't see it being a 'spam blocker' on my e-mail account because the automated responses are getting through. So should I keep calling every few days to see wtf is up or just take the hit & chalk it up to getting ripped off & just not buy from them again ?

..rant over... :rant:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I've made many purchases online and until now haven't had a single problem, so I was just looking for some advice if this has happened to any of you here..

On the 9th of July, I placed an order to one of the more popular (but smaller) online stores for a Dimarzio X2N pickup

I called up and was told they were 'trying' to reach me by e-mail to ask if I wanted an F-Spaced or not

Does this strike anyone else as odd?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The X2N is only available as F-Spaced, even then the bars are barely wider than the strings.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Does this strike anyone else as odd?

That's what I was thinking !!!!!! :nuts:

I assumed they came in 'bridge' and 'neck' models and I ordered the bridge model (6 string). Thing is when I first got a hold of them, the guy there told me he had been trying to contact me by e-mail to see what type of spacing I wanted. That and the only reason I haven't been calling just about every day is that I'm in Canada and they're in the US and I'm not sure if these calls are 'toll free' or not, so it ain't worth spending $50 in phone calls to get a $75 pickup. I give it another week or 2 and if I still don't get the refund I'll pretty much give up but I won't hesitate to warn others that might be considering buying from them that they're taking a big chance.

Abu-Abu

Reaction score
Use a phone card and bug the hell out of the them. Or file a Paypal claim.
Definately file a paypal dispute. I've had to do it twice, and both times I got my refund within a day of opening the dispute. The first was some kid selling stuff on UG, and not sending it, so I opened a claim, and got paid back the same night, and the next was when I bought my Peavey Rockmaster on eBay, and it showed up dead. I contacted them, and they said to ship it back and I'd get a refund, and it got there, and I still didn't get my refund, so I opened a claim describing everything, and got my payment the next day, he said he was just busy, and I wasn't able to call him because it was a pawn shop that closed at 6, and it was on the East Coast, and I got home from school at 3 here, so unless I called from school I couldn't get ahold of him.

Just open up a paypal dispute, saying all the stuff you said in this thread, and even if they don't respond and just refund right away, you can escalate it to a claim and I'm sure Paypal will take your side, since they have no proof of delivery, and such.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Sounds like good advice mates.. :yesway:

I'm gonna give them another couple of buisness days and if nothing changes, I'll do the Paypal dispute thing. I've only ever really paid with it so I don't know much about the ins & outs of using it (ie:disputing charges, refunds, etc..)

Thanks again SS.org :wavey:

What store was it?

Sadly it was Musictoyz.com. In the past I've had no trouble whatsoever with them. I usually got what I ordered within 10 days which is about average coming from the US. If they're having trouble with their system or really backed up with orders or stuff out of stock I wouldn't have a problem because 'shit happens'. However, on the occasions that I talked to them, the first time I was told it was being sent out that afternoon, the second time they said they'd cancel the order and on the 3 rd, they told me that they'd take care of it immediately and send me an e-mail to confirm the refund.

Needless to say they've done NONE of the above and so I'm gonna wait until Monday or Tuesday just to see if something happens and if not, I'll go through Paypal & see if they can get my money back.

Abu-Abu

Reaction score
Just to let you know, when you first open a dispute, paypal isn't really involved yet. It's meant for the 2 people to work it out on their own, just all the messages are kept on paypal and you have 20 days, or close to that, to either work it out between you, or escalating it to a claim, where paypal would decide whether you deserve the refund, which means you'll get it back basically, unless they somehow have proof that they sent it and it arrived or whatever.

I'd open it now if I were you, because I'm sure once they see the dispute, they'll probably just refund it, especially if they were actually needing a confirmation that you wanted a refund, because that's what this will be.

')