C-7 hellraiser

• Thread starter purple_hazer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
ok, im super new to these forums so i dont know what the buzz is on this particular guitar, but, im diggin this bitch to the max. is it a good first 7 string guitar? from what it seems itll be a badass first 7 and will be of good enough quality to stay with me till i decide to get a super high end 7. if yalls catch my drift. so what are all your opinions on this guitar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
sup purpley.

i'm gassing for a hellraiser right now, but i dont quite have the funds

also i've never played one so i'm no help D:

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
thanks for the somhow helpful no help max

ha im confused on to how that work but w/e nig

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
i have a crappy ibanez gio, and old ass bc rich nj warlock with a stock kahler and a badass purple/pink finish with blue flakes in it

my next 6er will be a carvin of sorts most likely

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
So answer is Ibanez :D

7620 or 7420

It would be good coz you already have Ibby and you will easy play on 7 string neck

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
idk, i have one of the lowest end ibbys around, i got kinda a clean slate on neckness. plus i dig the heel on the hellraiser. is there any semi cheap ibanez7s that are at least set neck?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Hellraiser is a great guitar. It's actually very very good for the price. 26.5" scale with dual EMG707 pickups. I've only played one once before, but I thought it played and sounded good.

If you want a tremolo, then I would not recommend the Hellraiser, however. And, if you don't do well with very thick necks, I wouldn't recommend it. Otherwise, it's a great choice.

Although I will mention that you can't have a good impression of Ibanez with a GIO. Those are universally crap. :lol:

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
haha i can handle schecter necks. and nah, if kahler made a 7 string bridge id get one installed, but no floyds.

yeh that guitar is crap but i love its action and it was my first guitar so theres alot of sentimental value to it haha

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Jeff Loomis signature is basically a Hellraiser with a maple fretboard and a tremolo.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
idk, i have one of the lowest end ibbys around, i got kinda a clean slate on neckness. plus i dig the heel on the hellraiser. is there any semi cheap ibanez7s that are at least set neck?

Yes gio 7 ; 7321 ; 7221 and 7521

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
Although I will mention that you can't have a good impression of Ibanez with a GIO. Those are universally crap.

Ive owned two ibanez Gio's. One of them was my first electric (six-string). The other I have now which I got as a cheap seven to mess around with (in two weeks or so im ordering my RG8427, as ive decided i like seven strings)

The Gio-7 plays and sounds better than all of the RG 7321's that i've tried.
I think thats due to the fact that it was made out of Alder as opposed to basswood.

But in any case, Gios usually suck, and even more out of the box. But with a shimmed neck, truss rod adjust, nut file and pickup height adjustment, they arent too bad at all

the gio 7 and 7321 are bolt arent they?

yes they all are.

Also, kahler does make seven string bridges.

crayzee

Treehugger
Reaction score
I own a Hellraiser and I love it. Just swapped the 707 in the bridge position with an EMG 81-7, but that's a matter of taste. The guitar itself plays well, stays in tune and looks gorgeous. Go get it!
Greetz, Niels

PS: Welcome to the Forum! Good decision to come here...!

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's not too bad at all. I prefer a slightly faster neck so I would go with the COW 7 if you're looking for a set neck.

RearyGay

Reaction score
The Jeff Loomis signature is basically a Hellraiser with a maple fretboard and a tremolo.

When I see pictures of Jeff playing his signature on stage I notice that he never uses one with a tremolo, but instead with a string-thru-body set-up.

Just a little tid-bit.

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
Ive owned two ibanez Gio's. One of them was my first electric (six-string). The other I have now which I got as a cheap seven to mess around with (in two weeks or so im ordering my RG8427, as ive decided i like seven strings)

The Gio-7 plays and sounds better than all of the RG 7321's that i've tried.
I think thats due to the fact that it was made out of Alder as opposed to basswood.

But in any case, Gios usually suck, and even more out of the box. But with a shimmed neck, truss rod adjust, nut file and pickup height adjustment, they arent too bad at all

yes they all are.

Also, kahler does make seven string bridges.

holy crap thats pretty new hahah, i havent checked the catalog in a while hahah. well, maybe if i can get the funds for it ill get one on mah seven after i get that.

edit: wtf is a cow?

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
ohh, thats a pretty sick guitar, but it aint got the gnar binding like the hellraiser, nor does it have a neck pickup, which is amust. the bolton-ness aint so sweet either

Latest posts

')