C7 Blackjack Question

• Thread starter Shaman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shaman

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask you C7 Blackjack owners or player about one thing.

How is the upper fret access on this thing? I was just wondering 'cause the fretboard meets the body at the 21st fret, so how well you can play the remaining frets?

I have been shopping for a 7 string and I have changed my mind about the guitar I am going to buy for many times, but the Schecter C7 Blackjack seems perfect for my taste, but I just wanted to know that little thing.

Thanx in advance guys :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
It could be better. It's a little difficult to reach the higher frets on the higher strings, but it's about impossible for the lower strings.

tonewhore

Double down baby
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. It's easier on the top three if you're not using your pinky. The neck joint is rounded, so you get more access then it looks like, but not RG access. But that's my only qualm with the guitar, everything else is tip top.

dav2321

Reaction score
I agree with the others. Another thing that may or may not matter to you is the string tension-if you tune B-E and have a light touch everything takes a little more effort to do (due to 26.5 scale length). I dont really notice until I put the Blackjack down and pick up the Ibanez 7 (25.5) , then it's noticeable. So if your a shredder I would stick to lighter gauge strings (assuming you get it), if your chugga-chugga palm mute and tune down to Z then this thing is perfect.

Shaman

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback!

Damn, I guess I have to look elsewhere, because I really want an easy access 24fret neck.

I think I should check the Ibanez 7-strings out. The RG1527 costs about the same amount of money as the Schecter here, so I guess I should check that one out.

What are your opinions about the RG1527? I was thinking of putting a ToneZone in it if I would buy one.

Kiitos :)

(which is thanks in Finnish)

Enigma

extra string whore
Reaction score
the 1527 is a great guitar, and after a pickup switch (ToneZone-7/Air7?) it'll be even better. :shred:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I dont have any upper fret access problems on the C-7. I think it has great access. Maybe I just have long fingers but I can play with all four fingers up to the 23rd fret. In other words I just can't reach my pinky to the 24th fret. But I can still play ever note using every other finger except my pinky.

Rev.

')