Cab Assistance

• Thread starter LukeNecraG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LukeNecraG

Necrabeast
Reaction score
So I must again ask for opinions from the tone monsters of the world :bowdown:

I recently had a thread asking weather to go for a Hiwatt stack or a Randall stack. The overwhelming majority agreed to go for the Randall.
Since then the seller has been running me around talking about supposed other buyers offering him 50% more than his asking price and I'm gonna end up paying way more than intended.
So I'm again having to look for alternatives.
The cheapest cabs I could find were a Behringer BG412v and the slightly more expensive Randall RX412 (Both used).
So now I need to know which is worth it.
The Behringer is a good drive away so I can't try it out.
However I can try out the Randall.
Opinions/help?

I don't know about heads at this point and I'll be looking into them as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

artmachine

Reaction score
So I must again ask for opinions from the tone monsters of the world :bowdown:

I recently had a thread asking weather to go for a Hiwatt stack or a Randall stack. The overwhelming majority agreed to go for the Randall.
Since then the seller has been running me around talking about supposed other buyers offering him 50% more than his asking price and I'm gonna end up paying way more than intended.
So I'm again having to look for alternatives.
The cheapest cabs I could find were a Behringer BG412v and the slightly more expensive Randall RX412 (Both used).
So now I need to know which is worth it.
The Behringer is a good drive away so I can't try it out.
However I can try out the Randall.
Opinions/help?

I don't know about heads at this point and I'll be looking into them as well.
Honestly, I would hold off on both of those cabs and shoot for something a little better. Neither of those will really do any head justice. I know some things seem more important than others, but when it comes down to it, every piece of your rig matters. Randall does make some awesome cabs, but that one isn't one of them and behringer, although I've had mostly good experiences with their equipment, doesn't make good guitar cabs. If you're on a pretty tight budget than I would hold out for a peavey cab from the 80's or 90's. They can be had for $100-$200. Anything called "412ms" by peavey is a great and underated cab.

These ones are super common and solidly built: http://images1.americanlisted.com/n...ack_cabinet_exc_225_burnsville_nc_9418000.jpg

And these ones are harder to find, but they're excellent cabs that came stock with celestions: http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/po/100406/579r1/1649dj9_27.jpeg

Either way, good luck man. There are a ton of options available and price doesn't always dictate quality, but just do some digging/research and try to find the best bang for your buck.

LukeNecraG

Necrabeast
Reaction score
Honestly, I would hold off on both of those cabs and shoot for something a little better. Neither of those will really do any head justice.

I was afraid someone would say this! Hahaha.
My only other low price options (as far as I know) are a Behringer BG412s (probably the same thing) or a Line 6 Spider cab (fucK that).
Otherwise I'm looking at more than 4 times the price for a Crate.
God damn this toneless country.

artmachine

Reaction score
I was afraid someone would say this! Hahaha.
My only other low price options (as far as I know) are a Behringer BG412s (probably the same thing) or a Line 6 Spider cab (fucK that).
Otherwise I'm looking at more than 4 times the price for a Crate.
God damn this toneless country.
Haha bummerrrr man. Well I would say, do some research on all of your (reasonable)available options and pick the one that seems like the best quality/would best suit your needs and then you can upgrade your speakers in the future. As much as the cab itself does matter, so do the speakers. V30's in an alright cab will sound a whole lot better than no name stock speakers in an alright cab. If this is a route you're interested in taking, check out Warehouse Guitar Speakers | Warehouse Guitar Speakers. They put out clones of popular speakers for about half of the price and they sound incredible.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I think that guy is full of shit. If someone offered me 50% more for a cab than what I'm asking, its gone......I don't care who its promised to (granted no money had changed hands). Sounds like he's jewin ya.

I also agree to hold off for something a little better. Of the two mentioned, I'd go with the Randall. If the Line 6 has Celestions, id go for that. I've played a couple that had celes. and didn't sound horrible, they weren't Mesa's or Orange's, but I have heard worse cabs.

LukeNecraG

Necrabeast
Reaction score
If it helps, the Line 6 has custom Celestions.
Weren't the Spider heads configured to run only in stereo? So is the cab gonna be able to run mono with another head?

artmachine

Reaction score
I think that guy is full of shit. If someone offered me 50% more for a cab than what I'm asking, its gone......I don't care who its promised to (granted no money had changed hands). Sounds like he's jewin ya.

I also agree to hold off for something a little better. Of the two mentioned, I'd go with the Randall. If the Line 6 has Celestions, id go for that. I've played a couple that had celes. and didn't sound horrible, they weren't Mesa's or Orange's, but I have heard worse cabs.
Yeah, I totally forgot that you mentioned that. That person is giving you the run around and just wants you to pay more. I would just tell him no thanks and if those other people back out(which they will, since they don't exist) then to let you know. And if he does get back to you then offer him less than what he was originally offering. That sucks. People blow.

LukeNecraG

Necrabeast
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally forgot that you mentioned that. That person is giving you the run around and just wants you to pay more. I would just tell him no thanks and if those other people back out(which they will, since they don't exist) then to let you know. And if he does get back to you then offer him less than what he was originally offering. That sucks. People blow.

Yeah. Fuck people.

')