Cab for 6505

• Thread starter Fzau
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
After a lot of comparing between the Peavey 6505, 6505+ and the ENGL Fireball 100 I've decided to buy a 6505 this winter to keep me warm :D
However, I don't quite know what cab to choose..
I mainly play metal/hardcore in drop Bb, along with some melodeath, djent and instrumental 'shred'.
The other guitarist in my band is using a ENGL Powerball through an Orange 2x12 cab. If I bought a 4x12 cab, would you still be able to hear him clearly? I'll be spending around €500 and I'd like to have a good bang for my buck you see.
Then again, dragging a 4x12 around everywhere I go is a bit sucky..
We'll be gigging, but nothing very large (yet) so I'm in doubt whether I really need a 4x12.. and keeping in mind that I'd like to use it at home too (read: at a reasonable volume) would the 2x12 be a better option for me?

Also, would you be so kind and suggest some?
So far I'm considering Orange or Vader, but living in Europe, I don't know how much the shipping would cost..

Thanks a lot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
2x12 cannot compete with a 4x12, tell him to get a new cab

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
uh...a 2x12 can compete with a 4x12...

I'd go with he Vader. I'm talking from experience; note my rig :yesway:

Reaction score
Yeah..I don't know where you got your info..but a 2X12 can go against a 4X12 if need be and if it's the right one.

Reaction score
Yeah..I don't know where you got your info..but a 2X12 can go against a 4X12 if need be and if it's the right one.
i read it on the internet.... Ill take a 4-12 , 2-12 are great but not against a 4-12 all things being equal:scream:

Vstro

Reaction score
I think a 2x12 would do fine. I've seen plenty of people do it and pull it off. Although if you plan on playing more shows over time you may regret getting the 2x12 and not a 4x12. Just use your best judgment on how your going to be using it and what your plans are.

My vote.. Vader

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
There was a bit of sarcasm in the "we'll be gigging but nothing very large" :D
Just some small to medium gigs (although you never know what's coming eh).
I don't think the other guitarist will be buying another cab soon so it's vital that they match each other. No idea how a Vader 4x12 will sound with an Orange 2x12..
Then there's the shipping cost that comes with a Vader, they'll have to be shipped overseas (which will cost me a lot of money me thinks), any experience with that anyone?

EDIT: I think I'm throwing in an ENGL 4x12 http://www.thomann.de/be/engl_e412ss_bk.htm
This Orange 2x12 http://www.thomann.de/be/orange_ppc212_gitarrenbox.htm
And this ENGL 2x12 http://www.thomann.de/be/engl_e212v_gitarrenbox.htm

Note that the Vader 4x12 is a bit too expensive for me, so if I'm getting one it would be a 2x12

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
a 212 is usually 3/4 the size of a 412 ;).

What cabs can you test out? the orange 212, if in the budget, would lay waste with the head.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Like almost every other metalcore band out there, 6505+Vader=WIN. Not my taste or style but that seems to be a popular combination.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
fuck being like everybody else :lol:

BurialWithin

NAM SAND!!
Reaction score
it might seem trendy in this forum but outside of it most of people have never even heard of Vader. I also have a 5150>Vader lol
VADER.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
i see you live in antwerp, so the Vader would cost you really a bunch incluiding shipping and taxes...you have to calculate with around EUR 900,- to 1000,-.

and the reason why your second guitarist wont be heard is not the cab but his amp. :D seriously. IF there is a problem its for shure NOT the cab, but the scooped groundtone of the PB. he can of yourse put his 212 higher, like on two empty beer-cases or seomthing, the will help a lot.

if you go 212, my vote goes to either Orange or the Mesa. Both awesome.

')