Cab for a peavey 6505.

• Thread starter Scruffy1012
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I run my 6505+ through a Mesa 4x12 and it's damn near impossible to get a bad tone out of it. I love the combination of the two and I'd think the 2x12 would kick just as much ass. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LacesOutTyler

Reaction score
Really anything with v30s and you'll be cruising. I had the chance to play a 6505 with an Avatar 4x12, an Orange 4x12, and an OS Mesa 4x12 and my friends all agreed the 6505 sounded best through the Orange. Not miles of difference; in fact, if I were in your situation I'd opt for the Mesa just because it has casters- thats how small the difference was. A friend of mine also runs a 6505 through a Mesa 2x12 and has NO problem competing with his other guitarist geared up with a Triple rec and an Avatar 4x12- and it still sounds great. My vote is either Orange or Mesa.

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
Orange PPC or Mesa cab. both are badass but i prefer the Orange, sounds tight and thick whereas the Mesa sounds somewhat scooped and boomy in comparison....emphasis on the "in comparison" part because sound insanely good with 6505's and are both badass as standalone cabs, but in a back to back comparison, they have a noticeably different flavor and i just prefer the flavor of the Orange. i also like the Oranges darker, rolled back treble, helps tame the 6505 fizz therefore giving more clarity and thickness while not taming its aggressiveness.

and the comment about V30s sounding like shit with 6505's because its midrange heavy speaker with an already middy amp......its correct they are both midrange heavy, but the reason i find they compliment one another is because the 6505 voicing leans more toward the low midrange side of things and the V30s are voiced more toward the upper mids. so if anything, the amp and speakers actually help each other out where they could use it.

TWINS

Reaction score
One month ago i was in your situation, i have tested two cabs: Diezel and Mesa. Same price. Diezel won!

Reaction score
Marshall 1960 BV , built like a rock sounds fucking amazing. Overall good cab and looks so sexy!

K-Roll

Reaction score
I've had a EVH 5150III cab (not the peavey but the one made by fender with G12EVH speakers) and it rocks in pair with a peavey 5150.. really an awesome tone with nice colorful sounds

I loved it with orange 412

I did not like it with an oversized recto, .. i can't quite comprehend how someone can use this cab with something different than a dual rec..
it sounds like BOOOOOOOOOOO, open, boomy, not compressed, not tight, fizzy, grainy-what-the-f tone..

I loved the stiletto/traditional cab with V30s with it though :) a lot tighter, cuts like knife, very mid-low focused not so harsh sounding, very modern and articulate

I loved the orange PPC412 as well as the 1960BV (straight, v30s)

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
also how much is all this gunna cost you in Aussie territory

Mesa (even a 2x12) is gunna be pricey
Marshall i imagine is the cheapest, but i don't like they're cab material quality and sound
Orange great wood wuality and construction, but how much would that cost you also

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
i really like the JSX slanted cab, tight, open, juicy, awesome mids and the mic out works fantastic.

')