Cab question

• Thread starter metalfiend666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of the particle board baffles on my Marshall 1936's and want to do something about it. I've got a couple of options I'm considering:

1. Replace the baffles with quality birch ply.

2. Sell my cabs and build a couple of nice 2x12's with good materials.

3. Sell my cabs and buy a Mesa or Orange 2x12. Disadvantage is I'd only have one cab then.

Well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
do you reeeeally need 2 cabs

a Mesa or Orange cab will probably kick out more low end than the 2 marshalls, and a much sweeter high...I'm thinking of selling my 1960A and going for a fireball+ a 2x12...

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
From a sound point of view, no. From a being able to hear myself point of view, yes. Well, when I got a band together again that is.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Tools and build area are no problem and I've got some plans I drew based on the Ear Candy Buzz Bomb. It's the time I'm a little short of, but I think I can fit it in.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
What is happening to make you be sick of the particle board baffles? You could try doing what i do with my cabinets, build a centre wall from some thick ply which holds the whole cabinet rigid internally. If you make it a tight fit and then screw the baffle and back solidly into it, it tightens the whole cab and stops any waveform distortion from baffle movement.

I usually fix a pillow to each side of the back board as well to stop low end disappearing out the back and then rewire with the thickest gold wire I can find. You'd be amazed what that can do for a cabinet.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
From a sound point of view, no. From a being able to hear myself point of view, yes. Well, when I got a band together again that is.

2x12RectoVfnt-LG.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i'd sell 'em and get a bogner cab or something.

Latest posts

')