Cabinet Simulation Help

• Thread starter Fretless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
I do, but like I said I'd rather not bring a computer out to practices. Especially not when I practice in my friends luthier shop. The amount of dust there would destroy my computer. I have a good setup for now, and I can produce some really good tone, and all I was asking was if it was worth it to upgrade to something like a torpedo live. I don't want to run my computer at every location I go to, and I'd really prefer to keep my gear on a rack, and if there is no reason to upgrade, then I will continue to use my GSP1101 for what I am using it for.

https://soundcloud.com/fretless-1/judas-cover This is what my current rig sounds like without any mastering effects. Just a simple cover thrown together to help demonstrate my tone.

oh hell yeah. The Agony Scene. That's an old one nice :metal:

That sounds pretty good if that's your live tone, that's cool

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
oh hell yeah. The Agony Scene. That's an old one nice :metal:

That sounds pretty good if that's your live tone, that's cool

Yeah that's just the straight out-of-box (custom patch though) tone with just compression to limit the tracks so it would mixdown smooth. I'm working on it more though. I'll get it perfect eventually!

Djentliman

wants a diff name!
Reaction score
Hey man, if your friends computer doesn't have what you need, then stick what you do need onto a flash drive or your phone and take it with you. Get the installer for Poulin Lecab and all of your impulses that you would need and boom. Good for recording. Why would you need your tower anyways?

If you need internet, you can use an app such as Android tether which you can use to connect your phone via usb and achieve internet access. It'll be a little slow, but its better than nothing or being stuck on your phone. Or if the computer has a wifi card you can get wifi tether or mobile hopspot your phone and get it that way as well.

Get a laptop and a rack mount for it. They make racks with a mount on top for ease of access. This way enables you to use lecab live as well.

Latest posts

')