Cabinet/Speaker/Amp with built in rack space?

• Thread starter progmetalhead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a big minimalist kick right now, and was hoping for some input for a simple bedroom setup taking up the least amount of space possible. I would use my setup for practicing solo at low volumes and some recording as well.

Right now, all I am working with is an Axe-FX 2. I would really like to find a cabinet/speaker or amplifier with built in rack space, if such a thing exists. Anyone know relevant products?

Another option would be to get an even smaller setup, as even a small rack unit like the Axe-FX is still kinda big for my taste. I could "downgrade" to a smaller effects processor or buy a small high quality solid-state amp. It's been a while since I researched gear, Axe-FX seemed to be king a couple years ago... does it have any competition at present?

Really appreciate any input. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
You could run the Axe into a powered PA speaker or FRFR type of setup. Then your rig would only be as big as the speaker, plus your 2U Axe FX.

The biggest competition in the high-end modeling game for Fractal is the Kemper Profiling amp. I own one and love it! Never tried the Axe to compare, though. Anyway, it's available in a 3U rack format with a built-in 600W power amp, so you could run the powered KPA into whatever guitar cab or PA speaker you wanted and keep things small.

As far as enclosures with built-in rack space, I know that a lot of bass combo amps have 2U of space up top for the "head" part of the combo, then the speaker enclosure below. You could easily add rack rails to one of those to fit the Axe, but then you'd have no place for a power section, and the sound wouldn't be ideal; it is a bass amp enclosure, after all.

Latest posts

')