Call of Duty 4 PROMOD

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Anyone playing competitively here?

This board in particular might not be the best place to post about competitive gaming but I figured I could at least give it a try!

For those that don't know, PROMOD is essentially a mod for CoD4 that makes the game harder and basically more like Counterstrike; the snipers have no sway, gun damage was altered, there are no perks and only certain guns are allowed, etcetera.

/edit
It's only on PC!

If there's any other people here that play promod, we could organise some SS scrims or something :D :cool:

~Koen

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I hate promod so much. I play open warfare from time to time though. To be honest though, I'd play if you organized a ss.o scrim.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I just...play CS haha. But sounds like a good mode for COD :yesway: Much as the Star Wars mod for MW1 excites me, a mod that balances the shit out of it and makes it harsher appeals a lot more. :lol: I wasn't a fun of the original multiplayer at all, though I thought it was fundamentally fun as hell; just didn't stick with me. Might have to check this out!

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I just don't like how it feels. I hate not being able to bake grenades. I make a living on being able to deal with sway. Also I really like to use certain guns only, so if I get put on the wrong team I feel lost.

Reaction score
Sounds cool. I'll have to get it once I get my wired 360 controller fixed, since that's how I play PC games (hate keyboard/mouse controls). Is it compatible with the Steam version of CoD4?

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
It should work with your steam version, my brother plays Reign of the undead mod with his steam version and its all dandy. You just join a server playing the mod and then it downloads the mod for you, its pretty suite.

Murmel

Reaction score
Sounds cool. I'll have to get it once I get my wired 360 controller fixed, since that's how I play PC games (hate keyboard/mouse controls). Is it compatible with the Steam version of CoD4?

Wow, you do realise how much if a disadvantage you have right? :lol:
Each to his own I guess.

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
yup works with steam, I'm using it with steam :)

and yeah you won't survive with a controller unless you're really really really REAAAALLY fast with it..

Basically promod is a whole different game... No noobtubes is a big advantage already! haha

')