Call of Duty: Black Ops

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Some of my friends at the studio I worked at are helping out on Black Ops , so they have played the game and seen the assets 1st hand and it sounds like Treyarch has really improved since WaW.

For me too I was more into the Nazi Zombies minigame then the actual WaW. I hope there will be another reincarnation of it (wink wink) .

As far as the IW vs Treyarch thing, Activision pretty much took care of that rivalry by F**ing over IW and gutting the studio.

I've always prefered the larger maps and squads of the Battlefield series myself over what COD brings to the table. I never understood why they have the crappy random respawn. Then it just feel like your chasing the enemy around in circles constantly.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Some of my friends at the studio I worked at are helping out on Black Ops , so they have played the game and seen the assets 1st hand and it sounds like Treyarch has really improved since WaW.

For me too I was more into the Nazi Zombies minigame then the actual WaW. I hope there will be another reincarnation of it (wink wink) .

As far as the IW vs Treyarch thing, Activision pretty much took care of that rivalry by F**ing over IW and gutting the studio.

I've always prefered the larger maps and squads of the Battlefield series myself over what COD brings to the table. I never understood why they have the crappy random respawn. Then it just feel like your chasing the enemy around in circles constantly.

Random spawn does mess things up a bit in the sense it makes everything too spread out, but it saves spawn killing.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I only ever played the zombie mode of CoD: WaW, and I only got about 2 months of play out of MW2 before it pissed me off to the point where I haven't even touched the game in roughly 4-5 months now.

I think I'm done with the franchise. ;)

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
World at War is terrible in comparison. The Treyarch games aren't even close to being as good as the Infinity Ward games...

I agree, World at War was weird, it just didn't play as nicely and I couldn't dominate on it like I could/can on MW/MW2.

why are people even getting all angry over IW vs Treyarch? All of the best developers for IW were fired a few months back and they formed a new company
Fired Infinity Ward Founders Create New Studio With EA - Voodoo Extreme
the talent that made Infinity Ward a worthwhile company is no longer there, so don't expect anything good from that studio again.

Truth.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Multiplayer reveal trailer!

Got to say, so far it looks really good. New killstreaks, including a camera (you can record games now?) and a fucking RC car! More melee weapons and the maps look great.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed, just watched the new MP trailer yesterday and I think the game looks awesome. That camera thing is pretty slick, you can apparently drop it wherever you want and it replaces your HUD in the top left corner, giving you a good view of remote locations. And that RC car? Priceless. I wonder how controllable the detonation is or if it's got a set timer... Be nice to roll up slow behind someone planting or defusing a bomb and let it rip when they've got one second left on the clock...

And explosive tipped crossbows? Fucking win. Looks like Treyarch managed to take a lot of the cool stuff from MW2 an COD4 and incorporate it nicely. Hopefully without all the bugs and bullshit that the others had. MP is all I'm interested in with this game and it looks good so far!

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
And don't get me started on remote controlled cars with bombs on them.

What next?

The boxing glove bazooka from Hot shots?

500px-HotKnok.jpg

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
After seeing the trailer, I'm pretty discouraged. Looks like they did what I didn't want them to do, which was basically make an MW2 mod. We'll see when it comes out though. I hope they slow the movement speed.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Remote cameras. :lol:

Enjoy your utter campfest guys.

Meh, I agree they will probably be pretty fucking annoying, but shit, to me at least, it's no worse than that super mario speed running crap and commando-knife-from-fifty-feet shite...

There's always one or two or fifty things in these games that pisses me the fuck off, so long as there's good host migration, no glitches (weapon or map) and no overpowering weapons or perks, I'll be happy.

That and plenty o' map packs...

Latest posts

')