Call of Duty: Black Ops

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I started playing this again, whats up with the super jumping /flying dogs now? I've seen this a few times . seems pretty fishy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
At this point, it's not worth the money to fix what's wrong with Blops.

That being said, I'm not sure "did not work properly once during it's lifespan" is something you want people remembering about your last game when you try to put something else out.

Though if the new Fallout games are anything to go by, it won't matter. Seems people will eat any amount of shit providing there's enough sprinkles on it. It's a shame Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines didn't come out now, people probably wouldn't have even cared about the critical error at the end of the game.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
The dog thing is just the classic "guy knifing you from 5 foot away" scenerio turned up to 11.

I've seen it and i've had it happen to me.

It's lag mixed with some more lag, with some lag compensation sprinkled on top. Put it in the oven and bake for 20 mins. Result is super tasty lagatron 5000 gameplay.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
I don't normally encounter problems on BO here but this lag compensation thing must be the reason I can have 4 full bars and still waste a whole clip on an enemy when they just turn around and pump a few shots into me and kill me.

This rarely happens to me, but I've slightly been noticing it a bit more.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
There seems to be more lag and weirdness to me after the update a few days ago. Having 3 greens bars ( if that was even a good indication of your connection to begin with vs a ping number) feels like 2 or 1 bars at times now.

So something is abit off as they are getting ready to launch the new map pack it would seem.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Just had a pretty epic Huey kill! I have one of my characters equipped with hardline pro and when I switched the care package I got a Grim Reaper. Fortunately I saved it and I heard the other team call in a Huey (chopper gunner) and figured what the hell, we're already ahead, I'll see if you can actually take one down with a grim reaper. There's no lock-on with the GR either so it definitely takes a little bit of skill to get the trajectory down and I killed it with the second shot I fired! :rofl: Took him out before he even fired a shot, which essentially saves a noob team from total destruction especially that far into the match, a huey can be a game-changer if no one takes it down quickly! Epic win! :metal:

Pretty sweet! :wub:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
You sure about no lock-on? Whenever there's those little messages between game loads and such, one of them says "You can lock onto enemy aircrafts using the Grim Reaper"

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
You sure about no lock-on? Whenever there's those little messages between game loads and such, one of them says "You can lock onto enemy aircrafts using the Grim Reaper"

Hmm you know what? You might be right, it said "Cannot Acquire Target" (as you can see in the video) but maybe that's because I was firing before he started shooting which is when the helicopter is "officially" on the map? Either way, I took it down WITHOUT needing a lock-on! :flex: :lol:

Demonbrn

Reaction score
If anyone on PS3 wants to get on some zombies, hit me up: Demonbrn is my ID.

I have acsension, and once my password is retrieved I'll have Call of the Dead too (my PS3 YLoDed and my password didn't work for some reason, and sony says it takes up to 14 days to retrieve). I'm not to bad, Kino I've got up to 26 with pickup groups, Ascension is about 24 (still learning that map) and Call of the Dead I got to around 20 before I YLoDed.

I don't play much MP (I have a wireless connection, so it's really hard to play efficiently) but my dad does (It's my account, but instead of having him earn everything, I just let him use it while I'm staying here). Make sure you let me know if you send a friend request that you got my ID through here, damn spam lately has been ridiculous!

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried finding the middle of your television and putting a mark there so it's easier to quick scope people? I keep hearing about people doing it but have never tried it myself.

It makes sense though.

EDIT: apparently it was much easier on MW2 than it is on black ops because the weapons kinda sway more when sighting on.

There's two ways of "quickscoping" on blops. One is to use the variable zoom scope and zoom in to the 2nd or 3rd zoom level and slightly zoom in and shoot, while the other way is to fully aim in but drag your crosshair into the enemy and then shoot. I've done both, and they both work really well. Not as good as MW2 though.

simulclass83

Reaction score
Gamertag: MVP KN1F3 K1LL4
I don't even play Black Ops online anymore. It's just too bad. All I play is zombies on Kino der Toten, and combat training. It just not worth the frustration. I also hate being put into zombies lobbies with fucking 9 year olds that like to yell in your ear. It's also kind of hard to play when the other players don't have a mic.
/rant
EDIT: If you want to friend me just mention SS.org or I'll probably deny you.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
There's two ways of "quickscoping" on blops. One is to use the variable zoom scope and zoom in to the 2nd or 3rd zoom level and slightly zoom in and shoot, while the other way is to fully aim in but drag your crosshair into the enemy and then shoot. I've done both, and they both work really well. Not as good as MW2 though.

:noplease: I wonder if anyone is ever going to get that this ruins the game? I need to start and anti quickscoping league just to combat this. If you're a SNIPER, you don't run around like you have a shotgun. :wallbash:

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
:noplease: I wonder if anyone is ever going to get that this ruins the game? I need to start and anti quickscoping league just to combat this. If you're a SNIPER, you don't run around like you have a shotgun. :wallbash:

It's more of a "tool to use" instead of a method of playing, it comes in handy when you're trying to get to your sniping spot and then someone close range starts shooting at you. That's what I use it for :shrug:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think anyone actually uses quick-sniping as their means of playing, more just a skill to use when moving from place to place. Good snipers don't stay in one spot the entire round, you kill 2 or three people, then move, kill two or three people then move; three was also my cue to leave, any more and it's greedy and you lose your killstreak reward. Only place you can REALLY hide like that, is something like Grid where there's the brush in one spot and the open yard in the back, and stuff like that - but for the most part, 3 and bail.

ittoa666

Reaction score
It's more of a "tool to use" instead of a method of playing, it comes in handy when you're trying to get to your sniping spot and then someone close range starts shooting at you. That's what I use it for :shrug:

Pistol? That's what I do. I mean, they may not be that great, but it's a lot fairer that way.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
It isn't about being fair though.

Quick scoping is a very difficult skill to master. Very few people are actually GOOD at it.
Montages on Youtube are just a lie. Some kid with a user name like xXqUiCKsCopEZXx leaves a PVR on for 8 hours of game time, and just edits it to look like he's decent.
Most of these kids go 5-30.

It's not a very likely situation to be able to switch to a pistol and get off 5 direct shots while someone is shooting at you with a Famas or Galil.
Even still, actually managing to make the shot count with a sniper at close range is down to luck.

And is it really unfair?

With only a couple maps being decent for sniping, you're bound to face someone with a Famas or Galil, even if you're well hidden. Pistol doesn't do any good if your enemy sees you, you wont get the shots off fast enough.
Even the best sniper gets in trouble. And when that trouble comes, he's toast.
And if he sees the person first, and he misses the first shot, game over.

So really, is it unfair?

I don't really think so.

Quickscoping was created to allow a bit of balance.
No COD game ever favored the sniper in a broad sense. Maybe one or two maps, but that's it really.
I mean this in a broad sense.

Now don't get me wrong, these kids were INCREDIBLY annoying. Easy kills though.

--Drunk rambling ahead---

I remember playing games like an older Rainbow Six game, where sniping was incredibly difficult to do well, and took a lot of time and energy to master. We used to sit wayyy in the back, pick off guys we could, but mostly recon.
The maps we used to play were very large and very diffuse, in a sense that every type of player had a place.
This game made it clean and clear: don't get seen.
The good part was, snipers were hard to find, and most of the time, you were dead before you found him.
But, if you were shot at, the snipers were easy to spot, because of the bullet trail and because of the muzzle flash. Very handy. If you missed, you didn't hang around to try again, you moved off and found a new spot to hide.
You could use a suppressor if you wanted to, but it destroyed the effective range, like it does in real life. You'd have to fire two shots, and even preparing to fire the damn shot was hard.

Can't do this in COD as pretty well all of the maps are geared towards CQB.

ittoa666

Reaction score
I've never found it fair or balanced to run around in ANY game with a weapon meant for long range encounters like a shotgun. That, in my mind, is absolutely preposterous and stupid.

Also, I'll say this. "Skill" in video games is a joke. It's like saying you're good at blackjack. It's all random and based on lag, hitboxes, and luck.

Now that that's out of my system, I just want to say that rainbow six is the absolute best online shooter I've ever played. Now that game was balanced. If someone had no armor and a famas, you could do full armor and shoot them in the face with a single mp5 shot. That's another problem I have with CoD...no single shot headshot kills.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
I've never found it fair or balanced to run around in ANY game with a weapon meant for long range encounters like a shotgun. That, in my mind, is absolutely preposterous and stupid.

Also, I'll say this. "Skill" in video games is a joke. It's like saying you're good at blackjack. It's all random and based on lag, hitboxes, and luck.

Now that that's out of my system, I just want to say that rainbow six is the absolute best online shooter I've ever played. Now that game was balanced. If someone had no armor and a famas, you could do full armor and shoot them in the face with a single mp5 shot. That's another problem I have with CoD...no single shot headshot kills.

Oh absolutely. It's not in any way shape or form realistic.

Isn't it?
I lost the disc and I hate myself for it.

')