Call of Duty: Black Ops

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dacimvrl

ss.org irRegular
Reaction score
Cheap swipe, but it is true.

Battlefields 30fps or less has irked me for ages.

some HDTVs and the previous gen of TVs don't even exceed 30fps..

thus the previous titles running at 30fps is perfectly fine and understandable as those would exceed the physical capabilities of the TVs back then.

these are facts, just saying..

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I've never found it fair or balanced to run around in ANY game with a weapon meant for long range encounters like a shotgun. That, in my mind, is absolutely preposterous and stupid.

Also, I'll say this. "Skill" in video games is a joke. It's like saying you're good at blackjack. It's all random and based on lag, hitboxes, and luck.

Now that that's out of my system, I just want to say that rainbow six is the absolute best online shooter I've ever played. Now that game was balanced. If someone had no armor and a famas, you could do full armor and shoot them in the face with a single mp5 shot. That's another problem I have with CoD...no single shot headshot kills.

I find that it varies, once you learn to master a game, you can EASILY see those who don't have the skill. And when playing tactical games with more variables than a TDM game, you have to take in account your time limit, the distance between you and bomb/flag/etc and who you're with/up against and make a tactical decision, playing a lot od Search and Destroy I see a lot of players who fuck up this valuable part. Time management especially.

Also, play hardcore, I don't think there's a single gun that ISN'T 1 shot headshot in that gametype, except for maybe the pistols in Black Ops (Some of the balance in that game is horrible, IMO)

dacimvrl

ss.org irRegular
Reaction score
I find that it varies, once you learn to master a game, you can EASILY see those who don't have the skill. And when playing tactical games with more variables than a TDM game, you have to take in account your time limit, the distance between you and bomb/flag/etc and who you're with/up against and make a tactical decision, playing a lot od Search and Destroy I see a lot of players who fuck up this valuable part. Time management especially.

Also, play hardcore, I don't think there's a single gun that ISN'T 1 shot headshot in that gametype, except for maybe the pistols in Black Ops (Some of the balance in that game is horrible, IMO)

^ i agree, and yeh skill is not a joke in video games. Skill involves strategy, reaction..etc.

If it's non-existent, I am pretty sure the ESports scene wouldn't even be there. Further, if it's all random like blackjack, then does that mean you have the exact same odds of winning as some pro players? Most definitely not.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Yay for the MW3 team, they think having 60fps gives them the competitive advantage while they re-use all the code from the designers of MW2 that left/got fired? BF3 is using a TOTALLY new engine that looks incredible while the MW team attempts to rest on their laurels. If Treyarch releases another MW title I'll probably buy it. If the current IW team brags about anything, it should be that they think people are dumb enough to spend another $60 for MW 2.5. :nuts: :lol:

Asked if the Call of Duty franchise would be getting a new engine any time soon, Schofield responded: "So I don't know what the future holds for the engine. But you don't ship an engine, you ship a game."

Right, and the MW team is shipping a REPACKAGED game. :rofl: :golfclap: They're focusing on a rather silly tech-spec to try to downplay how awesome the Frostbite 2 engine looks. I've seen actual gameplay vids of both, I'm way more excited for BF3 than MW3. :2c:

Besides - it says it will run @ 30fps on CONSOLE... for more hardcore PC gamers, that doesn't affect us because ours will be running just fine on PC. ;) Besides, I highly doubt the guy playing MW on his couch with his screen across the room is going to really be able to notice 30fps vs 60fps with any significant level of accuracy.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
The engine they put into Bad Company 2 was brilliant looking too, then the game itself turned out to be the opposite of fun.

I'm with Schofield on this one.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I've never found it fair or balanced to run around in ANY game with a weapon meant for long range encounters like a shotgun. That, in my mind, is absolutely preposterous and stupid.

Also, I'll say this. "Skill" in video games is a joke. It's like saying you're good at blackjack. It's all random and based on lag, hitboxes, and luck.

Now that that's out of my system, I just want to say that rainbow six is the absolute best online shooter I've ever played. Now that game was balanced. If someone had no armor and a famas, you could do full armor and shoot them in the face with a single mp5 shot. That's another problem I have with CoD...no single shot headshot kills.

rainbow six vegas is one of my favorite fps games!

now, tell me exactly how quickscoping ruins the game? no more than grenade launchers, the rc-xd , and second chance. quick scoping IS a tool, and is difficult,especially on black ops. give it a try, you'll see that it's not just a do it once then do it well kind of thing...

Curt

Reaction score
Also, ittoa... Yes, it isn't realistic to sling up a heavy rifle, see your target flash in the scope and fire on them, BUT this isn't a realistic game by any means.

If the maps were bigger, and the more realistic sniping was a challenge as in battlefield, i'd probably NOT quickscope, as i'm quite the excellent sniper in battlefield, which may I add is 10x the game call of duty could ever hope to be.

Believe me, just to prove to some friends that quickscoping is NOT a viable option when shooting a target that is any further than point blank IN REAL LIFE, I actually used my hunting rifle on a target at 75 yards. I missed 3 times out of the 5 shots I fired, and terribly at that.

It is something I do to make the game a bit more challenging.

And as for MW3 being essentially MW2.5, I couldn't care less. MW2 was a fun game, and as long as they leave out stopping power, take out second chance/last stand, and do away with anything resembling one man army and/or danger close, I will happily buy it just for essentially MW2 with new maps and potentially new killstreaks.

Curt

Reaction score
I have not finished any of the matches I've been in today, all of them were completely unbalanced.

Try headquarters, tell me if you have the same problem I do..

The other team is playing the objective and doing it well, my team is running around playing as if it were TDM. EVERY TIME!

Also, I have a new found love for the MP5K. :wub:

Dark Aegis

Reaction score
Try headquarters, tell me if you have the same problem I do..

The other team is playing the objective and doing it well, my team is running around playing as if it were TDM. EVERY TIME!

Also, I have a new found love for the MP5K. :wub:

I was playing headquarters, and thats my exact problem

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Played Black Ops for a bit just now.

First time in a while.

They have fixed some of the issues, but I still find the game a bit boring.

I was 2.50 k/d or higher for the 8 games I played, with the exception of one where the connection was at least a second behind.

Curt

Reaction score
I was playing headquarters, and thats my exact problem

Are you on xbox?

If so, send me a friend request.

GT: Im Aggro

Maybe i'll actually have someone who knows how to play an objective game type for once. :lol:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Just got a tomahawk kill across convoy. Gonna try to post it up.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
The best i could ever manage was noobtubing the entire enemy team (6 players) with one grenade.

Then they swiftly nuked the thumper and underbarrels. :(

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
The best i could ever manage was noobtubing the entire enemy team (6 players) with one grenade.

Then they swiftly nuked the thumper and underbarrels. :(

:lol::lol::lol: I would die if I did that.

')