Call of Duty: Black Ops

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I'm up to Prestige 13, Rank 47. Should hit Prestige 15 within the next 2 weeks assuming I get some free time. :D

Jesus, man. :lol: i'm only 8th prestige...

Besides the golden camo, you probably have to be a puberty raging little pissant to see the appeal. It really is the height of arbitrary, I haven't prestiged once and I rarely have trouble getting good scores regardless of the levels of other players (the only times I do it's because of laggy hosts and/or the myriad of bugs that won't get fixed ever).

I just prestige because I get bored of sitting at the end of the last rank and just do it for the hell of it. :lol:

Also, Golden AK-47 FTW. :fawk:

I laugh when you meet the idiots who equate Prestige level with skill.

They'll laugh at your tiny level 1 70 rank and proclaim you to suck dick at the game.

It's even funnier when you wipe the floor with them and listen to the excuses after the game. :D

I agree. It's funny when the 15th prestige level 50 dudes make excuses left and right after some rank 5 non prestige kid(my brother in this case) goes 35-7 with the Olympia stock class on Jungle TDM. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I just prestige because I get bored of sitting at the end of the last rank and just do it for the hell of it. :lol:

Also, Golden AK-47 FTW. :fawk:

My post started with "Besides the golden camo", ace. :p

I suppose I can see getting some kind of replay value out of it but as far as I'm concerned Black Ops has enough going against WITH all the guns and pro perks unlocked.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand the prestige stuff. I have weapons and perks I want now...why lose them? :scratch:

When you prestige the first few times it unlocks a new custom slot every 2 ranks. Beyond that it's just bragging rights and golden camo I guess. I did it for the slots but then I got bored of just pwning everyone and them thinking I was "new" because I sat at Prestige 5 Level 50 for 2 months. :rolleyes: Figure once I am Prestige 15 Level 50 they can at least knock that crap off, then I'll get more of the "ZOMG this guy is hacking!" BS I get currently. :lol:

They'll laugh at your tiny level 1 70 rank and proclaim you to suck dick at the game. :D

Too bad it only goes up to rank 50... :fawk: :lol: ;)

I played last night and I'm 1 match away from hitting Prestige 14. :D

Mexi

Reaction score
only recently started playing this, as I'm a newcomer to the PS3. really enjoying the customization for the multiplayer. should certainly tie me over well until Battlefield 3/MW3

Bobo

Reaction score
When you prestige the first few times it unlocks a new custom slot every 2 ranks. Beyond that it's just bragging rights and golden camo I guess. I did it for the slots but then I got bored of just pwning everyone and them thinking I was "new" because I sat at Prestige 5 Level 50 for 2 months. :rolleyes: Figure once I am Prestige 15 Level 50 they can at least knock that crap off, then I'll get more of the "ZOMG this guy is hacking!" BS I get currently. :lol:
:D

Now the slots I can use. Seems like all the various combos, gametypes, and maps need more slots to try new things.

Anyone have nat type 3 problems? I put the PS3 ip in the "dmz" of my router, no luck. Tried just forwarding some ports that were recommended, still no luck :(

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I prestiged just because it was something to do, and I wanted the extra slots. Various combos of guns, perks, grenades, etc... I didn't do it to really "Show off" and the only people who think that it IS showing off, are those who equate prestige rank with skill; which I can SAFELY say it does NOT.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
You've obviously never been good at a game then ;)

I, sir, am offended. I would consider myself "good", but I don't care about how good I do, though then again, I could care less about if people think I'm good or not.

Curt

Reaction score
My post started with "Besides the golden camo", ace. :p

I suppose I can see getting some kind of replay value out of it but as far as I'm concerned Black Ops has enough going against WITH all the guns and pro perks unlocked.

I noticed. :p

If I didn't enjoy "pwning" all the idiots who play headquarters non-objectively, I wouldn't play black ops much.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Had some problems on and off with signing into the Black Ops servers lastnight. Have not tried today but I will here after a bit.

Anyone else?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't had any problems like that myself, but I'm playing on PC, not sure what platform you were talking about?

Just had an absolute beast of a game... you know when you spank the other team so hard it actually makes guys ragequit before the match has ended? :realmad::mad::wallbash::realmad: It was one of those. :rofl: :flex: Half of their team bailed once I got the gunship... check out that K-D... you read it right... 33.0 k/d! :D

9A31B3A6E28C8C92114E60124734D89DEC270C32

I'd call that some pwnage. :lol:

Curt

Reaction score
god damn, dude. :lol:

I wish I could wreck half as hard as that.

edit: My best game on black ops yet is 73-14.

Which doesn't even come close to topping my highest in MW2 which was 96-5 in demolition on afghan. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
How did you guys get 10,000? Max you can score is 7500 for a team, so how'd you pull an extra 2500?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
How did you guys get 10,000? Max you can score is 7500 for a team, so how'd you pull an extra 2500?

I think you forget I don't play on console man. PC = dedicated servers. ;) The server admins can configure more than the hosted servers for 360/PS3.

Bobo

Reaction score
Very noob question I'm sure, but why can they do servers for PC's but not the consoles?

Oh and anyone love that cute lil Skorpion smg? :agreed: People tell me it sucks but I kinda like it.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
File this one under nearly-ridiculous! :rofl:

969B1DCDE06D5B884C188B5B09D0DC055F6C8EEB

I got 9 kills right off the bat and then raped house with the Huey before any of them could fire off two rockets I had 30-some kills. The rest? MPL with a scope! :lol: If they hadn't ganged up on me I would have had a 42.0 k/d that match! :D

')