Call of Duty: Black Ops

Papaoneil

Reaction score
I recently just switched over from wii to xbox, must say that i absolutely love it more so than i did before

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
i switched to playing hardcore almost exclusively, mainly so i could get away from the awful hit detection of the main game modes. now whenever i jump into a game the entire team always has ghost and a silenced assault rifle.. fuck that shit. i seriously wonder how could these campers would be if they took their silencers off

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be finishing off the Campaign tonight. has been quite enjoyable. Not sure if I'm going to mess with multiplayer or just send it back on its way to GameFly

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
i switched to playing hardcore almost exclusively, mainly so i could get away from the awful hit detection of the main game modes. now whenever i jump into a game the entire team always has ghost and a silenced assault rifle.. fuck that shit. i seriously wonder how could these campers would be if they took their silencers off

Whenever I played I had maybe 2 people on the team with Ghost, I saw a LOT of people running Flak Jacket as well as Scavenger :shrug: I know I had a class with each first perk, and would alternate between them. I found that when I tried to run Ghost with Ninja and silenced shit, I focused too much on that and always got killed. But when I just played with whatever perks I wanted and my silenced Commando, I did fine.

I just dig the silencer on guns because its quieter and in close quarters doesn't give you away, plus it also looks cool

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah playing HC on PC most guys are equipped with Ghost/Ghost Pro and a silencer and camp. More often than not the guys that die are the ones moving. :rofl: I play HC every now and then but it got old real fast. ;)

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
^ HC sucks. Thanks to those things you mentioned. I rarely play it.

I recently got Annihilation, and the maps are allright so far. My favorite is Hangar 18. And Drive-in would be my least favorite.

...And about that new map pack. I was super-pissed when i heard that there's a NEW zombie-map included. It's set on the moon and looks reeaally cool! ...But i don't want to pay 15€ for just one fucking map! :(

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I've still been playing this as there's such a game drought currently. Hit Lvl 15 Prestige rank 50 and now I'm just unlocking everything and getting gold guns. So far I have Gold M60, Famas and Spaz.

Still get weird connections to the hosts and half the time it's a lagfest. The three green bars is the most misleading as more often it feels really bad ( more like 1 or 2 bars) and you just can't win the gun battles. what ever happened to showing you an actual ping number, sigh.

Bobo

Reaction score
Still get weird connections to the hosts and half the time it's a lagfest. The three green bars is the most misleading as more often it feels really bad ( more like 1 or 2 bars) and you just can't win the gun battles. what ever happened to showing you an actual ping number, sigh.

I've thought sometimes that 3 bars really sucked, even though you'd think 3 out of 4 couldn't be a bad connection. You keep wondering why the gunfight didn't feel right, you died too quick or after you should have been behind solid cover. Then the killcam doesn't seem to represent exactly what you saw. With the time to kill so quick in this game, it seems like even slight lag can make a big difference.

I'd think servers for the 360 and PS3 could probably help a lot. How can one of the biggest selling game franchises, if not the biggest, not have servers?

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Played a bunch tonight.

This game is still hit or miss.

Some games are clean and crisp, and others are so laggy it's almost funny.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Played a bunch tonight.

This game is still hit or miss.

Some games are clean and crisp, and others are so laggy it's almost funny.

I've been noticing FINALLY.

Also... yesterday I played a few matches on Hazard and during the first 30 seconds 2 people had called in 3 care packages each.

I figured they just lucked out and got a bunch of kills at once off the top, but then a few minutes later the back of the map is littered with more care packages.

Looking at their k/d for the match it just didn't add up... So I'm guessing there's some sort of care package exploit circling around at the moment?

:scratch:

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Woke up yesterday early remembering that the new map packs were to be made available.

Found it they were all zombie maps.

Went back to sleep.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I don't like how the zombies get harder to kill every round. I'd much have preferred the L4D style of easy to kill zombies but with more and more each round.

However zombies is still fun if you have a decent team.

Might check out that new pack (unless it's still 1200 points per pack (i.e - fuck off Activision)).

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I stuck the game in and sure enough it was 1200 points.

The best selling game ever (?) and they still charge fucking rip off prices for dlc. They are the definition of money grabbing cunts.

I actually wish for once they'd go bust and fuck off into the history books.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
The price is absolutely ridiculous. I saw that the MW2 dlc's are STILL 1200, too. So sad.

')