Calling C-7 Hellraiser owners!!!

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, wow. I just got off the phone with Jon at LA Music in mississauga. I like this guy!

in london, i can get a C-7 base model for $600. I can get a C-7 hellraiser (black), shipped to me, for $550. I have no qualms w/ EMG's (it'd be different from my 6's), i can handle another black guitar, i like schecter necks.. i just wouldnt have a case, or a stand for it. (stand i can obtain lol).

now all that matters is getting the money for it! i believe the price is that low because i'd be getting it from the warehouse, Canadian Online Music Store Musical Instruments Equipment Guitars Bass Drums DJ Vancouver Toronto Montreal its $780 online.

i was wondering what everybody paid for theirs? I'd buy a case later (gotta get one sometime)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
brand spankin' new. im still in shock. calling the 'rents tonight to plot my escape to extended range haha

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
$550 when i called, $780 on their website.. i really hope i can grab this. what a deal.

shredlord

Reaction score
i just recently got mine for £500 from soundcontrol in england after an 8 month wait, so you cant really do worse than that :fawk:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks guys. im wondering what the general price is on these, that people have been paying. either way this is a steal :D

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i find out tomorrow if my friend will buy my amp or not. and if he will.. looks like i'll be gettin a hellraiser to join in the 7-string fun!

(OT) on the hand, i want him to get a mesa! on the other hand, i could really use the $500! lol

FullMetalEcho

N00b Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey budda, looks like your friend will just be coming home with the mesa because I just bought the HR. I played it on Saturday and noticed your thread on Sunday about the same guitar I was planning on buying so I knew with a price of only $550 I had to take this baby home asap before you got your hands on it :lol:

Haha, sorry man I just had to take it, it's a beauty :hbang:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
so you were at LA music eh?

no guarantees i will even sell my amp, in which case job ahoy... well, job ahoy either way.

one way or another, i will own a 7.

Demeyes

Reaction score
I paid €500 for mine used with a hardcase inc shipping. Pretty much perfect condition too

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey budda, looks like your friend will just be coming home with the mesa because I just bought the HR. I played it on Saturday and noticed your thread on Sunday about the same guitar I was planning on buying so I knew with a price of only $550 I had to take this baby home asap before you got your hands on it :lol:

Haha, sorry man I just had to take it, it's a beauty :hbang:

planning on buying? they're not open sunday for you to have gotten it today :p. also, you would have had to be in there within 50 minutes of my calling. if you did in fact get that one, he didnt say that it was a special price on that one guitar, so i am hoping i can get a black C7HR for $550 regardless. calling tomorrow to check said numbers..

congrats on yours :)

Dylan S

Reaction score
I paid 1100AUD for mine used, but with the 707's taken out for an 81-7 and 60-7.

The guy I bought it off used the money to help finance a Loomis. :)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
what's so great about the pickup swap? what would be the difference in tone?

Dylan S

Reaction score
what's so great about the pickup swap? what would be the difference in tone?
81's give a bit more bite and the 60 is a tad smoother for leads. This is in my Marshall though. The 707's would sound great in an amp that wouldn't be struggling to mix heavy gain with lots of definition, or for someone wanting a more of a 'dark' tone.

The 707's are basically EMG 85's, so you can compare the tone of these with the 81 and the 60 and you'll get similar results in the 7 string versions. My buddy with the Loomis thinks the 81-7 would sound too bright in the Loomis because of the ash body, so he's fine with his 707's.

')