Can a 5150 djent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
I thought djent was like when someone does really heavy palm muting like on old metallica records? You know like that riff on master of puppets that goes like djent djent djent djent djent djent.............djent djent djent.................djent djent djent weeeeedeee weedely weeeee

Jack Doe

Ayyduh?
Reaction score
I used the search function AND google. I can't believe no one has asked this. . . . . . .

Can a 5150 djent? I know it has enough gain and all but does it have the right gain STRUCTURE? I know they're the ideal for the good ol' death metal (and deathcore :rolleyes:) but the tone difference is outstanding between the two genre's (bassy death metal and djent I mean) and every time I play, say, a 6505+ it's AWESOME for the Death Metal and Deathcore tone but it can never get quite bright and tight enough for djent.

Maybe a 3120 would be better?
Or perhaps a POD HD Pro?

I'm playing an Ibanez RG7620 (stock pickups, .10-.80 in Drop G).
Genz Benz GB412 G-Flex cab
I HAVE a TS9 but I don't really like using it unless I have to. The simpler the chain the better IMO.

Oh, and I don't have the opertunity to play any of these amps (5150, POD HD Pro, 3120. My Guitar Center sucks). So I just have to guess. It REALLY sucks :(.

Thanks a ton dudes!

e-SnfdE1_400x400.jpeg

Tr3vor

Reaction score
I think the 5150 is too old to djent.... maybe if you turned the sample rate very low....

ibm-5150.jpg

Latest posts