Can anyone ID this Ibanez 7 string?

• Thread starter Upgrayedd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Upgrayedd

Reaction score
I was browsing local ads and saw this pop up. I've never seen this but I'm sure somebody here has an idea what this is and what it may be worth.

Thanks!
3n83Lf3M35I25F35M7cbje9fcb4a6a3421afb.jpg
3G53Fc3N25N45Ib5L1cbj6245f366fc8e18ef.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Heavy_Arms

Reaction score
Agreed, definitely a gio. Honestly not a horrible sounding guitar seeing as you can get them for $100 all day.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
GRX720 (I think that's the model name).

Not a single good feature on it. One could argue a comfortable neck though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a single good feature on it.

I wouldn't exactly say that. It's a GREAT base for modding, especially if you're looking to make something Strat-like.

These weren't exactly made too poorly, not great, but they usually weren't shit, they just had crappy hardware, nuts, and electronics. Nothing a couple hundred bucks can't fix up.

BillNephew

Reaction score
The fretwork wasn't that great. The neck profile on it was pretty comfortable though. I just didn't like the feel of needles poking my left hand everytime I played it. Also, the high e string for me always tended to get caught underneath the fret ends. I hated the way the bridge pickup sounded, all muddy and un-eq-able. The nut was not that well cut, the low strings always sat a mile high off of the nut, which was made of cheap plastic. I was happier than a witch in a broom factory when I bought my used RG7321 with a Duncan Distortion/Jazz combo.

BillNephew

Reaction score
Haha yep. But for sure, like Max said, it's a great modding guitar if you enjoy that type of thing. Back when I had my grx720, I didn't know how to cut a good nut, or fret dressing or how to do a proper setup, so I wasn't too fond of it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly say that. It's a GREAT base for modding, especially if you're looking to make something Strat-like.

These weren't exactly made too poorly, not great, but they usually weren't shit, they just had crappy hardware, nuts, and electronics. Nothing a couple hundred bucks can't fix up.

Only reason I never bought one is bc I wanted the extra 2 frets... :2c:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Yeah, one of the few 22-fret vintage-trem options that was ever produced for a 7-string. I think there may have been a Squier HSS strat 7 that was also discontinued and there was the Agile Sentinel-7 - also discontinued :lol: I don't think there are any currently produced options except maybe some no-name ebay stuff.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, one of the few 22-fret vintage-trem options that was ever produced for a 7-string. I think there may have been a Squier HSS strat 7 that was also discontinued and there was the Agile Sentinel-7 - also discontinued :lol: I don't think there are any currently produced options except maybe some no-name ebay stuff.

I thought Kurt had said more Sentinels and Texans were inbound for Spring 2013?

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score

Those squiers were awesome. One of the guys in the HS band my friends and I cobbled together for our senior talent show had one. Pretty sweet axe.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I need that 7 string strat from Agile... On a strat I'm not too terribly worried about getting 24 frets... Mainly bc it's pretty rare as far as I've seen.

Latest posts

')