Can I commision a wiring diagram from someone?

• Thread starter Hertz32
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hertz32

Reaction score
I'm fed up of getting my wiring and grounding wrong, so I'll send someone a couple £/$ to do me a clear wiring diagram of
1 vol with Kill pot
1 tone with coil split
Pickup selector
Blower switch that disengages vol and tone but leaves pickup selector active.
Pickups are a set of custom passives using the gibson colour codes, I'd like the coil nearest the bridge active when split.

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

moikey

Reaction score
How many pickups, what kind of switches, etc.? Happy to help.

Sorry to hijack, but whats the deal with grounding when using shielding paint? I've read all over that it requires grounding, but I have no idea how to go about that, especially with a hardtail build, as I'd normally ground to the trem.

Hertz32

Reaction score
images

2 humbuckers

Hertz32

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a mini on on switch that is tall enough to go through the carved top of my Agile, if you can reccomend one I'm all ears :) will post a link to one when i find it

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack, but whats the deal with grounding when using shielding paint? I've read all over that it requires grounding, but I have no idea how to go about that, especially with a hardtail build, as I'd normally ground to the trem.

You should still have a wiring touching the bridge plate to ground it with a hardtail. With shielding paint, if it's the cavity with the pots, just installing the pots should ground the shielding paint, assuming the pots are grounded of course. If it's the shielding paint in a pickup route, I usually see a small metal lug screwed to the cavity, with the other end grounded in the typical way (soldered to the back of the volume pot).

Would Spdt or DpDt be preferablee?

I'd buy DPDT just to have the additional options available. They work the same. A DPDT switch essentially is two SPST switches controlled by a single lever.

EDIT: actually, at least for my first though on the kill switch, you need a DPDT.

cardinal

Reaction score
I'm fed up of getting my wiring and grounding wrong, so I'll send someone a couple £/$ to do me a clear wiring diagram of
1 vol with Kill pot
1 tone with coil split
Pickup selector
Blower switch that disengages vol and tone but leaves pickup selector active.
Pickups are a set of custom passives using the gibson colour codes, I'd like the coil nearest the bridge active when split.

Cheers!

images

2 humbuckers

Ok, two Gibson-colour coded humbuckers. Ok.
3-way toggle. Ok.
Volume pot: sorry, what's a kill pot? Do you want a separate kill switch or the volume pot to act as a kill switch via push/pull?
Tone pot: so this does the coil splitting via push/pull; just to confirm, you want the coils closest to the bridge on both pickups to be active when splitting?
And then a mini switch for the blower. That makes sense.

Hertz32

Reaction score
Yyeah, its a shadow kill pot. Basically just has two lugs on the bottom that go between live and ground.

cardinal

Reaction score
This should work, though I appologize its not the easiest to read. If it doesn't make sense, let me know.

wiringdiagram_zpse15ad67a.jpg

cardinal

Reaction score
You know, this isn't the first time I've gone through the trouble of posting a wiring layout for someone, and it's also not the first time that they didn't even so much as say thanks or let me know if it worked or not. Was it something I said?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
You know, this isn't the first time I've gone through the trouble of posting a wiring layout for someone, and it's also not the first time that they didn't even so much as say thanks or let me know if it worked or not. Was it something I said?

Maybe you should've taken the money he offered.

Axayacatl

Reaction score

I think another toe made it into the wiring diagram. :lol: Sorry man, I know it's annoying. I don't want to sound like I'm posting in the SS.org Love and Relationship thread but hopefully it won't discourage you completely from keeping up being so helpful.

Maybe you should've taken the money he offered.

Or maybe OP can send a PM to offer money as promised ... or... better yet.... bear with me here because I'm an outside the box kind of thinker... maybe OP could have just said 'thanks!'

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
There is also the off chance that Hertz just hasn't checked back in for a little while? Looking at his profile there are no newer posts than his last in this thread...

Hertz32

Reaction score
I have been busy as of late, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I have definately PMed you about money (before you posted the diagram as Inrecall) however It may have not sent properly as I do most of my posting on iPad and the site isnt really optimised for it. PM me and we can sort it out from there as mine doesnt seem to have worked.
I'll hopefully have a stab at rewiring this weekend, I'll get back to you then if I need a hand. Please don't think I'm not grateful, I've just had a rough ass week so far. Thank you for being patient, and thank you for helping me out with the wiring.

But you could have PMed me before posting publically ;)
Like I said, PM me and we can discuss sending you a couple beer tokens as thanks and I'll tell you what happened that meant I couldn't thank you sooner if you really want.

Thanks for your patience,
Rock on
- johnny :hbang:

cardinal

Reaction score
Sorry guys I shouldn't have said anything. Not a big deal, I just thought it was kinda funny because it's happened before.

No need for any fees/payment/whatever. This is what these forums are for. Asking for tips and help with stuff. And selling stuff you don't want to buy stuff you eventually will sell to buy more stuff. But mostly the asking for help thing.

Back on topic: I hope it works! Let me know if something goes screwy.

')