Can I reamp with this? (Scarlett 8i6 + POD HD Desktop)

• Thread starter Jano
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jano

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have now a Scarlett 2i2 and a POD HD (bean) Im looking forward to change the 2i2 for an 8i6 as I want to use the extra outputs to send a DI signal to the POD and reamp from there.

Is this possible? or do I have to buy an actual reamp thing?

If someone has done or has knowledge on this it would be very helpful as buying a POD HD Pro is not an option for now.

Thank you for passing by, I will read you later!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible. As far as using a reamp box, it is definitely recommended as you'll need to convert the signal properly in order for hit to hit the amp (or in this case the POD) juuuuust right. I'm assuming the Bean doesn't reamp over USB then?

Jano

Reaction score
Yes, it is possible. As far as using a reamp box, it is definitely recommended as you'll need to convert the signal properly in order for hit to hit the amp (or in this case the POD) juuuuust right. I'm assuming the Bean doesn't reamp over USB then?

exactly! thats one of my main doubts, as the POD can't reamp by itself, its a must for me to buy a reamp box? can I pass the signal directly from the interface to the POD back to the interface?

Thats the thing I dont get 100% clear

Thank you man!

shnizzle

johnny
Reaction score
can I pass the signal directly from the interface to the POD back to the interface?

Thats the thing I dont get 100% clear

Thank you man!

yes, that´s totally possible. you just need to set up the I/O´s of the interface
and the DAW mixer right. send the DI´s through an extra output into the Pod
and create a new track in the DAW with the input set to the input of the
interface that the Pod´s tone will go to. make sure that input signal is not
going out of the extra output that the DI goes through, or you´ll create a
feedback loop.

Jano

Reaction score
yes, that´s totally possible. you just need to set up the I/O´s of the interface
and the DAW mixer right. send the DI´s through an extra output into the Pod
and create a new track in the DAW with the input set to the input of the
interface that the Pod´s tone will go to. make sure that input signal is not
going out of the extra output that the DI goes through, or you´ll create a
feedback loop.

thank you very much Johnny, I will try it! (and probably post a video about it if I don't .... it up)

Cheers to y'all!

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
I was speaking to a member from the URM/ Joey Strugis Facebook group on this once and they absolutely shunned me for it, has anyone actually tried this?

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
I was speaking to a member from the URM/ Joey Strugis Facebook group on this once and they absolutely shunned me for it, has anyone actually tried this?

That's because they're all mostly a bunch of pretentious children with a ripped copy of Cubase. That group used to be encouraging and fun, but not anymore.

Jano

Reaction score
little update: I havent tried as gas attacked me and made me bought an Ibanez RG250b hehe

Anyways... last posts and one video from Fluff makes me doubt...

Jano

Reaction score
hey guys, long time no see, I can send the DI to the POD (and monitor it) but Im still figuring out how to get the DAW to actually process that signal...

Sorry the latency, college got me without time for .... :(

quick edit: made it work, thanks people <3

')