Can you be a Muslim Satanist?

• Thread starter rectifryer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whitechapel7

Reaction score
Reason being is that Satanists (like LaVayan satanists) are pretty much atheists, but recognize the human need for rituals and the like, so they partake in them. [/QUOTE]

Not to be a fuck, but LaVeyan satanists aren't atheistic. they simply believe that their higher power is within them, i.e. individualism. they teach that in addition to self-control and vindication (eye for eye).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism#cite_note-15

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Reason being is that Satanists (like LaVayan satanists) are pretty much atheists, but recognize the human need for rituals and the like, so they partake in them.

And what does atheist mean? It means "without god", LeVeyan satanists do not believe in any gods, ergo, they are atheists. You can still believe in the supernatural (as many LeVeyans do) and still be an atheist.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i don't care for any of the labels of faith, or non-faith, i'ma person, going about living my life as i see fit, free of rules of faith, or holy text. i don't care for other worlds, other dimensions, planes of existance, or the esxistance of deities, spirits, ghosts, what have you.

we are here but once on this world and i plan on lviing it as best i can.

that's my view and i'm sticking to it

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
As some said already - nowadays "Satanists" refer mostly to Laveian Satanism, which is simply Atheism - but LaVey created a bigger concept behind everything of it. I actually really enjoyed reading his "Satanic Bible" as, frankly spoken, my personal views really fit the bill of almost everything he said. But, I am too much of an heretic to submit myself to any doctrine, so here I stand alone again... :lol:

But back to modern Satanism: In it, "God" does not stand for "God" as in the theistic view, as the higher supernatural spirit, but as a metapher for "religion" and the church itself. And as one could already guess: "Satan" does not stand for the "Devil", but for beeing AGAINST church, beeing against religion. Satan means more like "I don't devote my life to anyfictional higher beeing or the church, I devote my life only to myself and the ones I really love (instead of wasting my precious love to the ones that don't deserve it or do not even want it)" - like the opposite to "love thy neighbour / love everyone" etc..

What I really liked, was, that it actually came down to the essence of "Don't be dumb. Don't eat everything you've been fed with. Question everything. But if you KNOW, don't be pretentious and don't shove it down others' throats, don't be arrogant about your knowledge. Always remember that you also had to learn first."

Adn that's actually something I can really approve.

To be honest, LeVeyan Satanism seems to reflect the worldview and personal practice of a HUGE number of people in the Western world, no matter what religion they do/do not belong to. It's kind of weird, actually. That even if someone would know nothing of this faith/philosophy, they still buy into most of the teachings "I put myself and my family first above anything else." But the concept of helping others from a purely altruistic motive is entirely lacking. My question is, why wouldn't you preach to your friends about Satanic faith/philosophy if it's done something to help you in your life? Again, that's putting oneself first, not trying to help anyone, probably because you don't want to put yourself in a position where you could be ridiculed/persecuted. There honestly doesn't seem to be much to LaVeyan Satanism besides acknowledging on a psychological level that we as humans are inherently selfish, and we may as well just encourage that nature in ourselves.

soliloquy

Reaction score
no, you cant be a muslim AND a satinist in the same breath. why? because islam says that 'there is no god but allah...' basically saying that there is no equal to allah. to even consider allah being equal to anyone/thing, or to even associate allah with a family member or any human characteristics is considered 'shirk'.

shirk is one of the greatest sins in islam (if not, then the greatest sin). with that being said, if you are to commit shirk, (ie, worship anyone but allah, ie, satan), then you by default are not muslim.

however, one shouldn't say that satan doesn't exist either if they are muslims. to deny the existence of satan makes you a bit ignorant (according to islam at least) in the sense that you're not looking at the whole picture.

yes, you CAN be a satanist. yes, you CAN be a muslim. no, you can not be both at the same time.

now, if you want to be a satanist, you can follow the satan depicted in christianity, or islam, or jeudaism, as they all are depicted slightly differently.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Nah, Yazidism is a branch of Yazdanism, and is sortof a blend of traditional Kurdish beliefs, Zoroastrianism, and Islamic Sufi doctrine. It's a completely separate thing from Gnosticism, which in and of itself is interesting to read about.

What? You mean they're not Christian like the U.S. Religious Right claims? You mean non-Christians are being persecuted? Can't be. You're obviously a bigoted, anti-Christian. There's no way that U.S. Christians could be ignorant and spreading misinformation to benefit their cause.

<sarcasm> ... </sarcasm> for the :lol: impaired.

EDIT: For the "relevance to current events impaired" and/or "I can't stand anybody pointing out how ignorance the vocal majority of Christians (whether they're an actual majority to not)" crowds, The Yazdis are in the news again and the arrogance from ignorance crowd is using them as a tool, so IMHO, this necrobump is valid, especially since there are only two threads where Yazdis are mentioned in the entire forum.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
It's no "worshiping" yourself as it is making your "universe" about you. Instead of relying on magic beings to make influence in your life you do it yourself..and since doing so and enjoying the things most Christians see as "demonic", the term Satanism is used

Related, LaVeyan Satanism has sounded a lot like hedonism to me. That is to say following pleasure above all. Hedonism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upon further reading it appears that LaVey's ideas were heavily rooted in Epicurian Hedonism...

Last edited:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
WTF...! Necrobump!

My first thought on seeing this, and then reading through the first page, was that I'm amused when the Ayatollah Khomeini has declared America to be the great Satan, and then some guy (two posts only on SS.org, and both in this topic to educate us) tells us that the Ayatollah doesn't know shit about Islam because the Ayatollah is making such a declaration.

I liked the other iteration of this idea here on SS.org, that there isn't really anyone who is part of the Tea Party, and that "Tea Party" is a lazy term... even though there are so many who actually declared themselves as being members of and allied with the Tea Party. WTF?

I dunno. Maybe it's the same logic which leads folks to argue that no one is really gay, and that reparative therapy works....

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I remain firmly rooted in my stance that Satanism is a completely separate philosophy (as opposed to theology) and the notion that there's such a thing as a muslim satanist is offensive to both muslims and satanists.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I remain firmly rooted in my stance that Satanism is a completely separate philosophy (as opposed to theology) and the notion that there's such a thing as a muslim satanist is offensive to both muslims and satanists.

And again, I'm amused that someone feels Ayatollah Khomeini was offensive to so many of his Muslim followers.

Why didn't they point out how Khomeini was so wrong to go there?

I suspect it's because you're wrong about how a lot of Muslims feel about Shaytan, or arguing that Islam doesn't have evil genies in their holy book. If any one of us can look up "islam devil" and find a wealth of sources which talk about current practice and belief, that means that belief is out there to be found and observed. Just because one person feels that such belief and mythology is wrong doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, and just because one person feels that such offends their personal beliefs about a given religion and the beliefs of other followers also doesn't do anything to stop the existence of what offends them about those other followers.

Last edited:
')