Can YOU Headbang and play guitar at the same time?

• Thread starter wes225
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Can you headbang and play at the sametime?

• Yes

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • A little

Votes: 44 31.9%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
I've always been able to mosh my way through anything I can play. I can talk whilst playing anything, too.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
When I had long hair, I used to headbang while playing. I've had short hair for about 9 years now and I still throwdown at shows. :hbang:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What was that one at an old ballroom or something where you did your best impression of a helicopter trying to take off? Looked like it was shot on a dodgey camcorder from the top left of the venue.

wes225

Banned
Reaction score
you know the more-less deathcore headbang body pounce thing they do during breakdowns? i can do that, and flip my hair around. but not really headbang, more less makin my hair move instead of my brains

Universalis

Defying gravity.
Reaction score
I used to be a bass player for 4 years in a band, we splitted some months ago. Well, I realised I can do whatever I want with my body while playing any tune with a bass, headbanging included, but I'm pretty static when I play guitar. Strange, isn't it?

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Hmmm.... not really, wish I could though.

I have motion sickness and even when I´m not playing guitar I feel dizzy really fast... :noway:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Never tried it cause it just looks a bit silly, anything more than the James Hetfield style nodding along just looks a bit daft imo. Sorry Meshuggah, I love your music but your daft headbanging antics are awful! :lol:

wes225

Banned
Reaction score
i think you could play a bass while blindfolded and lefty while headbanging and still able to play good, sorry bassers but unless you play jazz nothing in that instrument really impress' me. its just "bum bum bah dum, bum bum"

toolsound

Reaction score
I can, but I'm not into the headbanging for the sake of headbanging thing...

If you WANT to headbang because you're into the music then that's cool, but forcing it is just kinda ridiculous.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
i think you could play a bass while blindfolded and lefty while headbanging and still able to play good, sorry bassers but unless you play jazz nothing in that instrument really impress' me. its just "bum bum bah dum, bum bum"

Sorry thats just ridiculous. If we aren't talking impressive jazz bassists, then listen to Billy Sheehan, Mark King, Bakithi Kumalo, Stuart Hamm, Victor Wooten, Michael Manring, Juan Alredte (Racer X), Sean Malone and do it while head banging. Oh wait, try playing like that, full stop. Do you live under a rock? :lol:

wes225

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry thats just ridiculous. If we aren't talking impressive jazz bassists, then listen to Billy Sheehan, Mark King, Bakithi Kumalo, Stuart Hamm, Victor Wooten, Michael Manring, Juan Alredte (Racer X), Sean Malone and do it while head banging. Oh wait, try playing like that, full stop. Do you live under a rock? :lol:
no, i play a guitar. maha:hbang:

')