Can YOU Headbang and play guitar at the same time?

• Thread starter wes225
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Can you headbang and play at the sametime?

• Yes

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • A little

Votes: 44 31.9%

• Total voters

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
yeah i can but im still getting the hang of wind milling, i seem to recall falling over during a gig last year due to thinking it was a good idea, much to the amusement of everyone in my band and the audience :lol:

I'll have to keep working on that one :mf666:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
yes. Playing metal whilst not headbanging is false, and may result in cancellation.

shredmode.jpg

Also let it be known to all that wide angle lenses make fat guitarists look even fatter...:hbang:

LI3G3KILL3R

Reaction score
What I'm wondering if there is some sort of writing on this subject. Like "Proper Head Banging Technique while Playing guitar." I wonder what would be the best exersices for increasing endurance/fretboard acuracy while head banging?? :hbang:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Now that I cut my hair, I guess it doesn't count as headbanging :(

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yes I can. Having hair down to your waist makes it look very cool too, especially stood on stage next to Mr 7 Dying Trees.

If you mean headbanging, then yes. Just practice the parts whilst headbanging, make sure you get one look at the fretboard per revolution of said head, and it's a sneaky way of fret watching while still moving your head around like a mofo.

Says the man who told his Ibanez rep he wanted his LACS with a reversed headstock so he wouldn't get his hair caught in the tuning pegs so badly :lol:

Espaul

Reaction score
since I thought them pics were so cool, here's one of mine:

dsc00002lllvl3.jpg

I do mi bangin wih mi whole body :D

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
yeah I can headbang while playing on stage. That's when I'm not singing though! =\ I also love to the pull the pat o brien, that is... just stay there with al the hair covering your face and most of you guitar haha that's what I do to keep stage presence up when I can't headbang anymore or if I get dizzy.

Reaction score
Windmills take practice!!! I can headbang during most solos, but usually during solos I stare at the crowd with my "domination mode" look.....really gets them screaming when they realise im not looking at my guitar at all. hahaha.
l_f6c6f81ba57ea121d1d9b20d3227d009.jpg

l_0ca8e7c0ba5ab2f835771c3cb9347c7a.jpg

Hell, I headbang at practice! Its like a Habbit!!!

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
yes

l_d02330b26c979ff2a6f812603f2e7430.jpg

GTE05100809.jpg

it's a semi-recent discovery that i'm capable of windmilling while playing, though.....but it depends a lot on the exact part being played and an intimate knowledge of the song and having it deeply engrained in my muscle memory.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: What do you think I'm referring to?

I'm merely giving him hell :wub:

I just thought of actually doing windmills while playing funeral doom :lol:

hm....maybe if you spent some time with a Van Der Graff generator beforehand, you could get your hair to stay in the air for long enough :idea:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
with Withersoul, there are parts where it could. you just have to find the right ones. it can be a useful counting aid at times, too.

In "Forever" and "Descent" it's possible, but most of the time the staring off into space doomy foot stomp thing works better :lol:

[action=*]you should drive down to Charlottesville tommorow night, no excuses, there will be doom [/action]

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
In "Forever" and "Descent" it's possible, but most of the time the staring off into space doomy foot stomp thing works better :lol:

[action=*]you should drive down to Charlottesville tommorow night, no excuses, there will be doom [/action]

:lol: i'm working all week/weekend here in boston :nuts:

')