Can you spell "ridiculously low tuning"?

• Thread starter MF_Kitten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really dig the Stoner-doom vibes here man! Sounds like Bongripper and Electric Wizard had a forbidden lovechild or something. :lol:

BTW, how do you get your guitar to emit such a guttural "BUWOUWW!" sound when hitting the low d string? I've been trying to get something similar without success.

If your strings are a little looser and you hit them harder than usual they'll do that. Or on a trem equipped guitar if you hit the low note then bend a note somewhere else without picking it the same thing can happen.

Being in such a low tuning helps too of course :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Sigh. Why am I having trouble getting dropbox links to load lately? Waaaah. I want to hear this.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I really dig the Stoner-doom vibes here man! Sounds like Bongripper and Electric Wizard had a forbidden lovechild or something. :lol:

BTW, how do you get your guitar to emit such a guttural "BUWOUWW!" sound when hitting the low d string? I've been trying to get something similar without success.

Loose strings. That's pretty much it :lol:

The baritone has a 30" scale length, and the low D is a .75 bass string. That's perfect for E, so for D it's stoney mcdoom all the way. That is, it's pretty loose. It's barely controllable, and if i pick too hard it goes pretty far off the desired pitch, but it holds up surprisingly well. I'm going to get something thicker for the whole guitar though.

flo

Reaction score
R-I-D-I-C-U...er,..L-E-S-L-Y, wait, no,...

Aaah, the track should come with a warning sign, I was close to breaking my neck :lol:

Great stuff, and yes, I'm waiting for an album, too :hbang:

')