Can you tune an 8 string Agile Interceptor Pro 828 up? v(Kahler Pro 2228K)

• Thread starter KenAncients
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KenAncients

Reaction score
From my experience with Floyd Rose, down tuning raises the bridge and makes it unplayable. I have a friend who's interested in the Agile Interceptor Pro 828 but wants to tune it to A,E,A,D,G,B,E,A will the Kahler Pro 2228 trimilo be a problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
The bigger problem is going to be getting a 28" scale instrument to even tune up to high A. You'll definitely have to order some custom strings from Gary Goodman, and even then it'll be very fragile.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If he wants to tune up, he should probably consider one of the 25.5" or 27" scale Agile 8's.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
From my experience with Floyd Rose, down tuning raises the bridge and makes it unplayable. I have a friend who's interested in the Agile Interceptor Pro 828 but wants to tune it to A,E,A,D,G,B,E,A will the Kahler Pro 2228 trimilo be a problem?

Fortunately you have a type 1 guitar so having a high A on this instrument won't be as fragile or as much of a hassle as a regular intrepid/interceptor which are type 2 instruments. I have had no problems tuning with a high A all the way to a 30.2" scale using Garry's strings.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

Did you ever try actually setting up the bridge? Also tuning it down without adjusting the spring tension would sink the bridge into the body, not pull it up.

KenAncients

Reaction score
Ok guys so I want to thank you all for your input and knowledge! He is going with an LTD Sc 608 and its a 27" scale so the tuning up will be less of a problem plus he won't have to worryabout the floyd/kahler acting up under a unique tuning.

KenAncients

Reaction score
Did you ever try actually setting up the bridge? Also tuning it down without adjusting the spring tension would sink the bridge into the body, not pull it up.

He's raising the tuning to A,E,A,D,G,B,E not lowering it. And imo it would raise the bridge :p

KenAncients

Reaction score

and sorry for the last remark i understand what you mean now, I meant when i lowered the tuning on my second guitar (which was floyd rose) the butt end of the bridge came up and the front went down.

')