Cannibal Corpse

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
fucking awesome \m/

Isn't this from the bonus DVD that came with Wretched Spawn?

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
Great Riff-ige....and Alex and Pat are killer but the drummer Blows he ruins it for me with his stale drumming.....CC needs to upgrade him sooooo badly...
Riff-iage:yesway:
Drumming:noway:

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Cannibal Corpse kickED some serious ass, but there are now many death metal bands far better IMO. That video is f'in awesome.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen this a bunch of times and it never loses its impact. Amazing playing.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That was awesome. :metal:

My favorite Cannibal Corpse album has always been Tomb Of The Mutilated. Butchered At Birth is a close second then The Bleeding. :agreed:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great Riff-ige....and Alex and Pat are killer but the drummer Blows he ruins it for me with his stale drumming.....CC needs to upgrade him sooooo badly...

Agreed 100%. You can tell that Alex and Pat are more into the new school of hyperblasting death metal ala Hate Eternal but with a drummer like Paul they're never going to be able to achieve that kind of sound. From memory, Rob Barrett originally quit Cannibal Corpse back in the day because Pat refused to take his drumming to the next level.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I personally think these guys just get better and better. I think their 7-string albums destroy their cheesy old stuff with Chris Barnes. My personal favorite from these guys is the album "Gallery of Suicide". Their new one and "Bloodthirst" a close second. These guys definitely still kick ass. I guess if you're a fan of old school "Butchered" style DM instead of the more technical/brutal style like their 1996-2006 style, I can understand, but for me these guys are at the top of their game.

In my opinion these kings are still at the top of the death metal heap, along with Nile, Behemoth, etc.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really don't think they've changed a hell of a lot over the years, but I'd rather listen to the older stuff personally, I just can't get over the drumming. I mean, he's either playing a thrash beat or playing a thrash beat with twice as many snare hits to approximate a blastbeat. It really ruins the rest of the music for me as the drumming is a big part of death metal for me and he just doesn't deliver. His style sits better with the older, less technical Cannibal Corpse, but these days it just doesn't cut it.

I still laugh at the fact that Jack Owen quit claiming he wanted to play hard rock and then showed up in Deicide. Granted, at that point Deicide seemed washed up so I figured he was in it for the paycheck but the new Deicide is one of the best death metal albums of the year, much to my surprise. Go figure.

Reaction score
Before I even clicked the link, I knew it was going to be Frantic Disembowelment.
CC have other songs too, you know. Every metalhead alive has seen this video.

CC haven't really changed over the years, I guess this is a bad thing. But they are staple. Not exactly creative, they were pioneering.

Also, has anyone heard Cannabis Corpse? I have the album Budded At Birth... Here is the hillarious tracklisting:

1. Blunted At Birth
2. Staring Through My Eyes That Are Red
3. Reefer Stashed Place
4. Forcefed Shitty Grass
5. I Cum Bud
6. I Will Smoke You
7. When Weed Replaces Life

It's gold. Not covers with different lyrics. Everything is different, but less hooks. A good listen though. :D

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
well...i quit...just gonna burn my guitars and be done with it

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I still laugh at the fact that Jack Owen quit claiming he wanted to play hard rock and then showed up in Deicide. Granted, at that point Deicide seemed washed up so I figured he was in it for the paycheck but the new Deicide is one of the best death metal albums of the year, much to my surprise. Go figure.

Deicide's Drummer wrote all the songs, its just now that he's got people who can play guitar well, they sound awesome.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
that sounded awsome. It made me realise how much i can't stand the singer. Though i respect its for the best in their style of music. lol What kick ass guitar work :hbang: That includes the bass player

drshock

Street-good guy
Reaction score

They play so technical that there isnt anything else he can do without making it sound like shit.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are plenty of more technical players than the guys in Cannibal Corpse and far more technical drummers than the CC drummer and a few of them manage to make it work. Methinks CC are just out of ideas.

drshock

Street-good guy
Reaction score
There are plenty of more technical players than the guys in Cannibal Corpse and far more technical drummers than the CC drummer and a few of them manage to make it work. Methinks CC are just out of ideas.

Maybe so but you still gotta hand it to em. After all who they are the most succesful death metal band out there.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
They have and understand groove and headbangable riffs, which gives them extra death-metal brownie points.

')