Cannibal Corpse

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
It's cool and all, but they really need a way better drummer.

That, and I can't stand their tone. If it was more clean/defined, you'd actually be able to hear individual notes and shit better.

CC with Necrophagist tone = godlike.

Reaction score
Maybe so but you still gotta hand it to em. After all who they are the most succesful death metal band out there.
Not most successful. Most controversial.

"success" can be defined in many ways.

I think their tone is good for what they play. I can make out the notes.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
That's awsome!

I like a lot Hammer Smashed Face, but this song it's very good.

About the Drummer, i think that he plays the songs very good.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Paul is a BAD drummer...he's very solid, he's just not very technical. He gets the job done, and I think that's cool. One of the cool things about corpse always was that they didn't need to have blast beats every second that they're playing. But with the newer style that the guitars are playing I agree that they should either get a new drummer or get Paul bring it up a notch.

Reaction score
I used to watch that video all the time. I get such a great rush from watching this! Pat is truly a god, playing with nevermore and all! :metal:

This song is so much better without vocals.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any news on Alex Webster's sideproject with Ron Jarzombek?

As far as I know they planned to have the album done by Christmas. I'm not sure what the lineup is at this stage though, originally the drummer was going to be the guy from Lamb Of God, then when he bailed he was replaced by Derek Roddy ex-Hate Eternal, although I think he bailed as well. Ron and Alex are still on board though, the band is called Blotted Science and is a technical/prog project for those who don't know.

Also, Rob is once again playing guitar for Marty Friedman on his upcoming Eurpoean tour, and on his forum he said he plans to play his seven for the whole set to replicate all the different tunings.

irg7620

zombie
Reaction score
I just bought "Kill" and it is totally fucking awesome!!! Intense as hell. I still need to get Tomb of the Mutilated and The Wretched Spawn. Oh and the Hammer Smashed Face EP. That's all i need. I have loved CC since they began in 1990. They have never seized to amaze me. Long live Cannibal Corpse!!!

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I never get tired of that video!:hbang:

I agree, they really need to upgrade the drummer. His style sounds really dated in comparison to what Pat and Alex are pulling off in that video.

As an aside, can't wait to hear Alex's band with Ron Jarzombek!

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Blotted Science. It's made up of Ron, Alex and Charlie Zelany from Behold...The Arctopus! on drums. I think they've just about finished recording their new album. Doing this album was the big incentive for Ron to recently purchase a seven, as apparently he was using his doubleneck, with one neck in standard, and the other in Drop A, and decided he'd rather just do it on one neck.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Blotted Science. It's made up of Ron, Alex and Charlie Zelany from Behold...The Arctopus! on drums. I think they've just about finished recording their new album. Doing this album was the big incentive for Ron to recently purchase a seven, as apparently he was using his doubleneck, with one neck in standard, and the other in Drop A, and decided he'd rather just do it on one neck.

That sounds quite, quite phenominal. :yesway:

')