Can't decide Agile Interceptor vs. Agile Hornet

coldm51

Reaction score
I can't decide whether to buy either the Agile Interceptor Pro 25 or the Agile Hornet Pro 725. Im stuck here:wallbash: Both are awesome looking guitars and come with EMGs so im set with the pickups. They both cost the same on Rondomusic.com. I play metal like Nevermore, Meshuggah, and Necrophagist. But I also play alot of hard and plain rock. Just jamming stuff like AIC and Thin Lizzy. I need your help in deciding which 7 string guitar to get. I love v shapes, but I also love neck-thru bodys. HELP!

Here are the specs for the Interceptor Pro 25:
Real Quilted Maple top and double cutaway light mahoganny arch top body
Mahogany Body
25.5" scale 5 piece maple neck-thu body construction
USA Made EMG 707 Pickups
Ebony fretboard with no markers. Position markers are located on the side of the neck.
24 Extra Jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play </B>
Grover Die Cast tuners
Floating Trem Licensed by Floyd Rose
Grover Die Cast tuners
Volume & tone controls
Reverse Headstock
Width of the neck at the nut: 1 7/8"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16"
String Gauge: 009, 011, 016, 024, 032, 042 and 056
Uniform Neck Profile - For ultra fast playing - 21.5mm at the frest fret and 22mm at the 12th fret.
Overall length, including the strap button: 41";
Actual Weight is only 8.5 lbs

And here are the specs for the Hornet Pro 725:
Designed based on specs requested by our customers
Double cutaway light weight Mahogany flat top body
USA Made EMG 707 Pickups
Hardshell Case Included
25.5" scale 1 piece maple set neck
Ebony fret board with no markers. Position markers are located on the side of the neck.
24 Extra Jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play

Grover Die Cast tuners
Reverse Headstock
Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo
Width of the neck at the nut: 1 7/8"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16"
Uniform Neck Profile - For ultra fast playing - 21.5mm at the frest fret and 22mm at the 12th fret.
Thickness of neck at the first fret approx 11/16"
Overall length, including the strap button: 40"; Scale length: 25.5"
Actual Weight is only 7 lbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
I vote for the Interceptor. As an old guy, I can tell you you'll use that body shape when you get older. I sold both my Vs when I stopped gigging.

haffner1

Reaction score
I actually find Vs easier to play than strat shaped bodies as I am getting older. I have fewer problems with the arthritis in my left hand as I play up the neck because I can always keep the neck in the optimal position and my wrist doesn't have to make a sharp angle.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
^^ Very helpful post there.

If I were you, get the Hornet, one of the main reasons being that not many people have bought one here, it's a little different.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh noes. You better not get Rick in here. Comparing an Agile to another Agile, he'll be like
Scanners.gif

Hi. :wavey:

Yeah, I love both of them but I'll give a slight edge to the Interceptor.

Valserp

Only plays 1 string
Reaction score
I am debating the same thing myself, being the V lover that I am.
Ultimately I hope to own both at some point. Right now I chose to go with the Interceptor, because of the apperance - I'm planning on using it in a softer band with a girl singer and it wouldn't look right to go all out Machine-Head freak-out on stage with her...(and yes - V shapes get me there automatically)

Bumskull

Reaction score
I'd go interceptor mainly because of the body. i've never been comfortable with V's. Even standing up i don't like them because to play solos I do the a petrucci-style put leg on top of amplifier. Plus the neck thru realy makes a difference. I just got my interceptor yestaerday and I am LOVING the neck not just cuz of the sustain but also cuz it makes reaching those high frets a lot easier.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I'd give the edge to the Hornet (Obviously) but honestly, you can't go wrong with either one.

')