Can't eliminate fret buzz.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
Upon unpacking my Washburn WM526 and tuning her up, I found that the action was ridiculously high. After adjusting the bridge height and the truss rod, I can't get the action to a satisfactory height without the A string or high E buzzing like crazy.

At the moment the neck is bowed back very slightly and the bridge has been raised to get rid of the fret buzz. This hasn't solved the problem of the action at all and there's still a bit of fret buzz on the A string.

At the moment I'm not sure what to do beyond taking it to a tech to have a look at it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
the neck should be bowed inwards slightly. that should help. maybe also try having a tech do a fret level if the buzz persists

veshly

Reaction score
Having too much of a bow can create buzz too, try bringing it back a bit.

MJS

Reaction score
Upon unpacking my Washburn...

I don't think I've ever had a guitar come out of the box that wasn't instantly improved with a string change.

I'm not saying you don't have other problems, but I don't even mess with any of that stuff anymore until I throw on a new set of strings in whatever brand/gauge I plan on using, then go from there.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
I should clarify that when I say unpacked, I mean that I moved interstate with my guitar.

I've adjusted the bridge and the truss rod and I'm not geting a fix. I'm going to take it into a tech tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, guys.

MJS

Reaction score
I should clarify that when I say unpacked, I mean that I moved interstate with my guitar.

In that case, if it was fine when you packed it up and left, it might just need to adjust to any climate changes. That's common even when ordering a new guitar out of state.

ilovefinnish

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my WM526, and I haven't been able to fix it.
Looking foward to see if the tech can fix it.

fortisursus

Reaction score
If it was a drastic change in climate I would wait for about a week to see if it gets any better. If not then take it to the tech.

wakjob

Reaction score
Good luck buddy. Hope it works out for ya.

Nothing worse than a guitar that doesn't play right. Working out the bugs in one myself right now.

Overtone

Reaction score
If it played fine before it's the truss rod. Adjust truss rod first, THEN bridge. Do not adjust the truss rod to raise/lower the action. What is relevant is what is going on between the first and last fret, not what is going on between the last fret and the saddle. Even if adjusting the truss rod will raise your action right now, you fix that later when you adjust the saddles... the only exception is if the saddles won't go any lower in which case your options become a little more drastic.

Latest posts

')