Can't get my M-Audio BX5 monitors to work in Pod Farm 2.55 with my UX1

• Thread starter Kinzoku
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kinzoku

Reaction score
Sooo, i finally got my new monitors and they sound absolutely amazing but when i open Pod Farm i don't get any sound through them. :wallbash: Pod Farm shows me that i got signal but no sound is coming out of the monitors, but when i use my headphones i get sound going so i thought that maybe the UX1 can't handle the monitors or something? And if this is of any help i use the TRS ports on the BX5's into the analog outs on my UX1

They work just fine though when i use them in Reaper with the UX1 as my soundcard, im clueless

Sorry if this didn't make any sense but i really appreciate any help given!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I've got a toneport DI (basically same thing) running podfarm with BX5's and I haven't had a problem. I'm also connected with a TRS cable for each side, running from the analog-out into each monitor.

Maybe you got a bum cable? Try using a guitar cable to see if it works then.

Next, see if you can plug some headphones into the analog-out (if you have the right adapter) to make sure it isn't a fault with your unit.

Also, I know it sounds stupid, but make sure the volume on the monitor isn't on 0, and they're plugged in/turned on.

Kinzoku

Reaction score
Okay, so i just tested everything you said and when i plug my headphones in i don't get any sound so i guess there is something wrong with those ports after all?

But how come i get sound through my monitors when i'm in Reaper with the UX1 as the soundcard? It's just strange but i dont know

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
In that case, it may be a software issue, or perhaps a setting has it turned off for some reason. Mine just worked first time so I didn't have to mess around with any settings.

I've looked in the control panel on mine and there doesn't seem to be any option to turn off playback from the analog output... I would try uninstalling and reinstalling podfarm, and uninstall/reinstall the drivers for the toneport, to see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe raise a ticket on line 6 support page?

')