Caparison 7 Custom

• Thread starter ihave27frets
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really like the Christopher Amott model Caparison. Gorgeous guitar, this dudes custom reminds me of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I really like the Christopher Amott model Caparison. Gorgeous guitar, this dudes custom reminds me of it.

there's a guy on H-C that has one. really sharp guitar. I'd love a Dellinger 7; they're just a bit beyond my means for a guitar.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
there's a guy on H-C that has one. really sharp guitar. I'd love a Dellinger 7; they're just a bit beyond my means for a guitar.

Yeah the Christopher Amott model is really nice, I like the blank ebony fretboard and the Duncan Jb/Hot rails combo. The Dillinger 7 im sure is nice, but $2300 is a lot to spend considering its very modest features. I have no doubt it plays and sounds awesome though.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Yeah the Christopher Amott model is really nice, I like the blank ebony fretboard and the Duncan Jb/Hot rails combo. The Dillinger 7 im sure is nice, but $2300 is a lot to spend considering its very modest features. I have no doubt it plays and sounds awesome though.

I like the no frills aspect of it, and I love 5 piece necks. Plus, call me shallow, but I fucking love that devil tail headstock. :shred:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Caparisons are so much more expensive in the US than in Japan, it really doesn't make sense at all.

Ryan: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/sv/index.htm

You can't order those in the US, unfortunately, but you can buy one from a Dealer in Japan and have them send one here...sometimes...;)

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
P1010014.jpg
Wow, that green Horus is amazing - that was exactly the kind of stuff I was thinking about!!! Seing as you already have all the wild Horuses, it sort of makes sense with a toned down black axe... But I can't help but imagining that Dellinger in the wicked green finish with a maple board... I guess that'll be something for the never-to-be released Pablo Signature ;)

Congrats on some VERY nice instruments... oh, and I would really like a review of those Caparisons - they aren't the kind of guitars you see every day in my neck of the woods!

Cheers

Eske

P.s.: as an endorsee it is your duty to make them do a 7-string 25,5" Horus :hbang:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Caparisons are so much more expensive in the US than in Japan, it really doesn't make sense at all.

Ryan: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/sv/index.htm

You can't order those in the US, unfortunately, but you can buy one from a Dealer in Japan and have them send one here...sometimes...;)

The point I was trying to make is that so are the USA ESP stuff, with the same limited color selection.

$4500 list for an Eclipse with a quilt top is a bit excessive to me, whereas nearly none of the Caparisons get close to that, price-wise.

ihave27frets

Reaction score
So how did you score an endorsement?

Um, Endorsment arent really that hard..I mean some companies are more difficult to get with then others but for the most part you just need a record deal. All most companies worry about is if CDs are available worldwide (or atleast in thier country) have media coverage (magazines, radio, Mtv) and are touring a lot. Caparison was quite a bit harder to get with than sat ESP or Ibanez, because they are such a small company and they actually try pick good players, not just people selling records. So I was stoked when I finally got it becasue I had already been playing Caparisons for a couple years at the time and they were the one company I was shooting for.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Um, Endorsments arent really that hard... I mean for the most part you just need -

1. a record deal.
2. CDs available worldwide (or at least in thier country)
3. have media coverage (magazines, radio, Mtv)
4. and are touring a lot.

:rolleyes: Yeah! Piece o' cake! They're no problem!

:lol: Ohhh-kay.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The point I was trying to make is that so are the USA ESP stuff, with the same limited color selection.

$4500 list for an Eclipse with a quilt top is a bit excessive to me, whereas nearly none of the Caparisons get close to that, price-wise.
Yeah, they're like $3k or something like that, not 4500 but still, crazy.

We're supposed to get a whole bunch more colours and stuff (including a spalted maple EX, most likely) next year, so it'll be interesting to see.

The Caparison Angelus is awesome, but I wish it was 25.5" scale :(

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Yeah, they're like $3k or something like that, not 4500 but still, crazy.

We're supposed to get a whole bunch more colours and stuff (including a spalted maple EX, most likely) next year, so it'll be interesting to see.

The Caparison Angelus is awesome, but I wish it was 25.5" scale :(

I wish ESP would bring back the H307. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
You're a lucky dude, but man, if I was getting a custom Caparison I'd be getting that horus with an extra string, my god that would rule!

Latest posts

')