Caparison 7 Custom

• Thread starter ihave27frets
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that auction too but the one thing that pisses me off is how people over in Japan get all these kickass guitars, play them and then don't clean them... look how rusty the hardware and pickups are! That's a pretty sweet deal on a kickass guitar but geez, would it have hurt the guy to take better care of it? :noplease:

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
@ ihave27frets:

Dude, u r on all the boards I know...you´re defenitely spending too much time
online! Hehe, I love ur 7string. But I agree with most of the others...don´t do
that huge letter inlay. I´d have gone for a black 7 dellinger with white body,neck and headstock bindings and EMG pickups. Maybe even a fixed or stringthru bridge...

But it´s still awesome! :shred:

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
I cant really say because I have an endorsement. Stock Dellinger 7s run $2499.

Wow, so no one likes the inlay? I thought it was cool (its 666 in roman numarls)

i think its sick... i would prefer EMG's and a bigger lower horn cutout meself tho

le_ackt

Le-ackt
Reaction score
I heard Caparison uses special finish that enhances the guitar sound ~ pretty nice ~ I really think the Inlay is awesome , i dont see why it's a problem . JEM's vine inlay are even larger by area size , but everyone seems to Love it . Michael Romeo from Symphony X is using his Caparison lately intead of his ESP. I am really curious about their special body finish, anyone know anything about it?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
b4h...lol

@Le ackt: I think they say they usea special finish, but it's really just like the way finishes were put on back during the 50s and 60s, they used really thin coats. paint nowadays is applied in several coats very thickly and can cut some of the tone out. Thin paintjobs don't do that. I think that's simply what they're doing, it's nice they're thinkin about the tone, but some of their finishes are god-awful, lol.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
+1 on the thin finishes. i've heard a lot of users complain about how easy they are to scratch up, but of course that's not as important as the sound. as for the paint job, i'm pretty sure its just blotting with a sponge in a slightly darker color, but it does look cool.

the horus is my dream guitar, even though i've never played one or even seen one in person. i just know KSE plays caparison and thats enough for me! that and the 27 frets:yesway: the edwards cy-155ctm is definately cool too tho, and much better price and neckthru, so i think i'd get that if i had to pick one and pay for it myself.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Adam D's Caparison = pure sex. I would love to own that guitar! :wub: I would give Drew's left testicle for it... heck maybe even both!!! :rofl: ;)

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
Wow...I would say very nice, but lately that pisses people off...&#@$ing Borat! I remember I was drooling over an angelus you had up for auction a while back...thing was sick! I think Soilwork's stabbing the drama Angelus's are my favorite guitars.

awesome guitar though man...awesome!

ManBeast

Reaction score
The point I was trying to make is that so are the USA ESP stuff, with the same limited color selection.

$4500 list for an Eclipse with a quilt top is a bit excessive to me, whereas nearly none of the Caparisons get close to that, price-wise.

Ive never met or heard of anyone paying list price...ever

')