Caparison Horus Yellow Sand Photos (~20 Pics, Be Patient!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks nice but I can't get over the overly large bridge pickup cavity. I mean if you replace that pup you have a huge gap around the pickup. :shrug:

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
That thing looks amazing! I really must get my hands on a Caparison sometime soon, even just to try one.

I really dig that colour too! :metal:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks nice but I can't get over the overly large bridge pickup cavity. I mean if you replace that pup you have a huge gap around the pickup. :shrug:

I dont know why, but the baseplate on the Caparison pickups has two holes on one side which makes the route necessary. Different pickups don't look so bad in the route, but I am thankful the Caparison PH-R is an awesome pickup so that when I replaced my Horus' bridge pickup it looks just like stock.

007-5.jpg

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score

I know Swineshead and Nordstrand would make a perfect drop fit replacement for it, but i'm not sure if anyone else could offer it.

That guitar is seriously sweet looking though. If Caparison released a 7 string Horus, half this board would buy it.

lctdmf

Reaction score
Thanks for the Caparison GAS!

Great pictures.

Nick

Reaction score
that looks great, next time i buy a guitar it will be an angelus or a horus :yesway:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
:eek: That action looks friggen' high!

Caparison's don't have recessed Floyds. The Floyds sits above the body and the neck angle is such to make for a low action. My Horus has about a 1.3mm action on the bass side and 1.2 on the treble side with very little buzz.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
Damn! That finish is beautiful! As other have said, I normally don't like yellow guitars but this looks amazing!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Caparison's don't have recessed Floyds. The Floyds sits above the body and the neck angle is such to make for a low action. My Horus has about a 1.3mm action on the bass side and 1.2 on the treble side with very little buzz.

Right on. The action can get absurdly low this way without buzz. This way the neck pockets never need to be shimmed or anything.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
I dig the color and clock inlays, but something about those guitars always looks awkward to me...

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Awkward shape and hate for Caparison finishes? Ah you guys are just jealous ;)

333.jpg

')