Caparison: Now Taking Pre-Orders ! (Most models/configurations)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So does the TATII come in any colors other than the one's on their website? I'd like it in a flat black... with gold hardware :rolleyes:

A seven string TAT would always be nice haha.

The TAT II comes in Red Sunset, Iceberg, Frozen Sky or Crimson. There are other models with flat black finishes (Dellinger, Angelus, Orbit), as well as some with gold hardware (Horus). Caparison isn't a custom shop unfortunately, you have to live with the specs I'm afraid :)

That said I think their product lineup is diverse enough to have something for everyone. They have neck-thrus, set-necks, bolt-ons, ebony or rosewood fretboards, various wood options (mahogany, walnut, alder, maple), archtops, different scales, 22/24/27 frets, different bridges, an extremely wide array of finish options, etc. But, it'll never please everyone :yesway:

For high resolution photos of all the current models, click here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3RC1L3SS

....in' epiiiiiiic
Reaction score
Yeah, I really love the TATII, just wondering if they had any other colors. That crimson is so sexy on those. Only thing I'd do to it would be a change of pickups. What would you compare the neck shape to?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I really love the TATII, just wondering if they had any other colors. That crimson is so sexy on those. Only thing I'd do to it would be a change of pickups. What would you compare the neck shape to?

Well you may be surprised, the stock Caparison pickups are really really good. They're no boutique pickups but they're up there with just about anything else I've played.

The neck shape is interesting. It's extremely fast and comfortable with a very smooth feel, but it's a somewhat fat neck. It's not bulky, but it has a meaty feel which I actually really like on a 6'er. I believe I took some photos of the neck profile, let me see if I can find one...

Caparison_1A%20025.jpg

Caparison_1A%20015.jpg

Caparison_1A%20014.jpg

It's definitely a little thicker than an Ibanez or Jackson neck, but not clumsy or beefy either. It's hard to pinpoint exactly dude, it feels really unique. Not quite like anything I've felt before. It feels really solid and classy in your hands if that makes any sense. I like it.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
+1; the pickups on my TAT II...originally I was going to have the TAT shipped to zimbloth to change both to Cold Sweat / Nailbomb, but GA could only shipped to a confirmed address... I figured, I'll keep the stock and see how it was. I was blown away, it's almost like an EMG, except less hot and a bit better. I had to turn the tone up more than on an EMG, but I'm never going back to EMG's.

If I may try so:

n597823320_502864_4815.jpg

n597823320_502865_6129.jpg

n597823320_503825_3713.jpg

n597823320_503822_8810.jpg

n597823320_503817_6718.jpg

M3RC1L3SS

....in' epiiiiiiic
Reaction score
Yeah, well I mean, right now I play a ESP LTD Viper 500, so I am playing on a pretty fat neck right now... those Caps probably have thinner necks than I have right now... and that's what I am looking for.

Zimbloth, if you don't mind, either shoot me a PM or just say it in the thread on what you could get me a TATII in Crimson for.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Zimbloth, if you don't mind, either shoot me a PM or just say it in the thread on what you could get me a TATII in Crimson for.

The street price for the TAT II in Crimson is $2399.99 w/ case. I'll PM you more information however regarding pricing.