Captain Marvel, why should i care?

• Thread starter sharedEQ
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wankerness

Reaction score
When she says things like she did, then gets cast in a lifetime bank role, makes me wonder if she was cast on poli views.

She was wrong choice. Five years ago, a wholesome apolitical starlet would have got role. Now women are rewarded for hateful feminism.

Oh my god, please tell me you're parodying people like this

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I don't know why people care about any of these comic book super hero movies.

I'd rather watch two hours of A Bit of Fry and Laurie or The Vicar of Dibley or One Foot in the Grave or Blazing Saddles or Blue is the Warmest Color or Major Payne or Apocalypse Now or Lake Placid...

Super hero movies are like junk food. Not every meal or snack has to be nutritional superfoods. Sometimes you want a funnel cake with 800 calories of whipped cream and cherry pie filling, or deep-fried pepper jack and bacon macaroni and cheese balls. Or buttered popcorn. They are not meant to be anything more than a spectacle, about exceptionally-powerful characters. The benefit over most "popcorn" films is that they have (sometimes) decades of stories and history already written, than thousands or millions are familiar with.

WTF kind of "the films I prefer are superior" list includes Lake Placid and Major Payne? :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Guys guys guys. We’ve already established that this thread is trash and OP is a bad faith douche who cannot keep political views in the dumpster fire that is the politics thread.

wankerness

Reaction score
Guys guys guys. We’ve already established that this thread is trash and OP is a bad faith douche who cannot keep political views in the dumpster fire that is the politics thread.

Haha. Fair enough. I would never have seen it if it hadn't been the most recent topic in the subforum. I try to avoid the subforum on principle. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.