Carcass is a damn good band

• Thread starter Sunlit Omega
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sitting here in class with nothing to do since I finished my work an hour early and I'm listening to Carcass's album "Heartwork" what a damn good album. I love the melody that's sprinkled throughout the songs all the while maintaing the brutality of older Carcass (I own all of their albums). They made solid albums and are a great band. Who else here likes Carcass, and other bands like 'em? :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
It just blows my mind how they blended all that melody seamlessly into the songs on Heartwork and still maintained that crushing Death Metal edge. @DLG it's very hard to find a band that is comprable to them, I can't think of any off of the top of my head.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
The most obvious similar band (to that era) is Arch Enemy I guess, since Amott has been recycling Heartwork riffs for years.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree there were a lot of recycled Heartwork riffs from that era but they are definitely two different bands now. God, I want to hear a new Carcass album so badly..

Reaction score
Yeah I was about to say, are they doing a new album soon?

At The Gates have said: "No new record will be recorded."

Maybe they are the same way?

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I was about to say, are they doing a new album soon?

At The Gates have said: "No new record will be recorded."

Maybe they are the same way?

Almost positive that Carcass have stated they are not going to do a new record.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I was really bummed when At The Gates said they weren't doing a new record, I really hope they change their minds, same with Carcass if they said they aren't. I haven't read anything stating one way or the other.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Carcass have said they're not doing anything new, can't recall whether I read that or heard it in person, though.

Reaction score
This kind of sort of reminds me of Carcass, not many bands are like them though:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn good is an understatement.
Ridiculously awesome is more like it:metal:

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
Heartwork is awesome. I bought in in the mid 90's I think. I haven't really put it on much lately, but it always stood out in my mind. I also have the album that came out after that and although it's not as good, it still kicks.

Did they break up? What's the deal? I never knew much about them.

Reaction score
Talking about bands that sound like Carcass, I can hear a hint of Carcass when I listen to some Arsis. Maybe because Jeff Walker and James Malone voice are a bit similar.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever gotten to see Carcass live? I bet that it would have been a fucking amazing show.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
A few times, yeah. Put them on once and caught them at a couple other festivals. Excellent shows, all of them. Ken turns up at most of them to come on and say hello too, which is cool.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Talking about bands that sound like Carcass, I can hear a hint of Carcass when I listen to some Arsis. Maybe because Jeff Walker and James Malone voice are a bit similar.

Yes! I've said that Arsis was the natural progression from Carcass when I first heard them.

')