Carcass is a damn good band

• Thread starter Sunlit Omega
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stealth7

Reaction score
I fucking LOVE Carcass! :hbang: I'm still kicking myself I didn't see them back in 2008. :wallbash:

For bands similar to Carcass I'd say give Fleshgod Apocalypse a listen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Well, for bands that sound like Carcass, County Medical Examiners sounds like pre-Heartwork Carcass. I suppose Exhumed also comes to mind.

That being said, I love Carcass, they got me into grindcore.

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
carcass is a great band.... saw them live on their Exume to Consume tour w/suffocation and necrophagist... they put on a great show..

as for bands similar to carcass... check out general surgery and early aborted (goremageddon and before)

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
One of the few death metal bands that I like :agreed:

Also they have some pretty badass riffs.

Check out this mashup of Corporal Jigsore Quandary, not actually a different band obviously, but its actually pretty cool in my opinion.

As far as similar bands, I don't really listen to death metal so I can't help there, but their aren't many like them from what I have heard.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
One of the few death metal bands that I like :agreed:

Also they have some pretty badass riffs.

Check out this mashup of Corporal Jigsore Quandary, not actually a different band obviously, but its actually pretty cool in my opinion.

As far as similar bands, I don't really listen to death metal so I can't help there, but their aren't many like them from what I have heard.

Bjork did the same thing. But isn't she a fan of death metal anyway

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I cannot say enough good things about Carcass and even the tracks from Swansong (their weakest album imo) are better than the run of the mill garbage most modern bands release today but Heartwork is the pinnacle for me as it gets the balance between brutality and melody so right but I love this as it's the 1st song I ever heard by them.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Heartwork is possibly my favourite Metal album ever, so all I can say is that I totally worship this band :metal:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I fucking love Carcass.

Necroticism is amazing, Heartwork is even better and even Swansong is underrated (Black Star and Keep on Rotting are good tracks)... I haven't heard anything from Reek of Putrefaction but I don't think it'd be the kind of thing I like, I've heard it's nothing like their later stuff.

Heartwork was their peak, definitely. One of the best death metal albums ever, and one that shaped so much music afterwards.

Defsan

Reaction score
I do have to admit that the only record I like from them is Reek of Putrefaction. The following records are very slow-paced and end up meandering too much.
However, I second everyone who suggested The County Medical Examiners and General Surgery; they're good "old Carcass worship" bands. Other suggestions include Blood Freak, Splatterhouse and Lord Gore.

EDIT: