Carcass is a damn good band

• Thread starter Sunlit Omega
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

okaymike

Reaction score
I saw Carcass at Hellfest last year, they played Heartwork from start to finish but unfortunately I didn't manage to catch all of it :wallbash:

Still amazing though, the whole show was accompanied by gruesome pictures (rotting penises and shit) and the album artwork on a projector.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
This was always my favourite Carcass track

That outro riff is incredible. Symphonies of Sickness was my favourite Carcass album, come to think of it, it's not far off a decade now since I first heard that album. Get me into death metal (the first time round anyway) so I owe that album a beer for sure!

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
+1 to the comments about the best guitar tone on an album ever for Heartwork, that had the best tone I've heard in a long time and very few bands come close to having that same edge in their tones.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
As much as I love Carcass, I will be the one to openly admit I really took them for granted when I first got into them. Heartwork was my 3 or 4th official death metal/grindcore cd, and was looking for shit along the lines of Obituary and Gorguts, and Carcass didn't seem to fit, it wasn't till I started getting into Napalm Death a bit more that I revisited Carcass, and still kick my self for it.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
@Santuzzo I'm glad I was able to influence you to make a killer purchase. Prepare to have that album in your stereo for a long, long time :metal:

Santuzzo

Reaction score
@Santuzzo I'm glad I was able to influence you to make a killer purchase. Prepare to have that album in your stereo for a long, long time :metal:

Thanks, man !

I will post back once I received the CD and had a few listens !:yesway:
From the clips I checked out on this thread so far, I am sure I will love the album:shred:

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, man !

I will post back once I received the CD and had a few listens !:yesway:
From the clips I checked out on this thread so far, I am sure I will love the album:shred:

I'd be very surprised if you didn't love the album. It's definitely on my own top 5 list of absolutely essential death metal albums.

Dores

Reaction score
Carcass is dawn awesome. When I hung out with Arch Enemy backstage once, almost all I did was to ask Michael stuff about Carcass.:scratch:

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
Carcass is dawn awesome. When I hung out with Arch Enemy backstage once, almost all I did was to ask Michael stuff about Carcass.:scratch:

First of all, damn you are lucky! :lol: Secondly, If I was as lucky to get the same opportunity I would have done the exact same thing, IMO Arch Enemy will never be on the same level as Carcass, just an all around better band. :metal:

wlfers

Reaction score
A better question would be who doesn't like carcass

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I only have Heartwork, the songwriting is so strong, that's one of the things that really sets it apart, as well as the killer riffs, and the production (clean but alive), and the performances, and....

WFD

Metal.Technicity.XXX
Reaction score
STOP THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW!!!

Ok... Proceed.

If we're talking Liiva-era AE, then definitely.

alking about this mortal coil(my favorite track from carcass together with incarnated solvent abuse.) i did a cover.

theres Carcariass thats similar to carcass and aborted too

Latest posts

')